Danny Lennon

bravo21

Reaction score
Appointed St Mirren manager.

Welcome to St Mirren, Danny. Best of luck and lets hope you can keep your promise of exciting football and a place in the top 6.
Great up and coming manager, he's done a better job at Cowdenbeath than Craig Levein done (H)

Again, good luck Danny. We're all behind you.

Come on ye Saints!

Last edited:
Maybe add some pictures, more detail to spice to up !

Whats his record as a manager like?

This should show you...

He was appointed as Cowdenbeath manager in 2008, replacing Brian Welsh.[2]. Lennon managed back-to-back promotions, getting the club from the Third Division to the First Division in just two years.

Found that on Wikipedia.

This should show you...

He was appointed as Cowdenbeath manager in 2008, replacing Brian Welsh.[2]. Lennon managed back-to-back promotions, getting the club from the Third Division to the First Division in just two years.

Found that on Wikipedia.

Yep, he gained back to back promotions with no transfer budget and half a first team, which meant he brought half the youth team into the squad.
Fantastic job there and I hope he can do the same at St Mirren :).

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Just thought I'd add, he's re-signed David van Zanten, a real St Mirren hero from a couple of years ago.

Welcome back Vanzy, hope it's another successful spell :p

Good start Lenny ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/8734181.stm

This should show you...

Found that on Wikipedia.
Not bad. Maybe the new Alex Ferguson. Ill keep an eye on St Mirren next season.

Not bad. Maybe the new Alex Ferguson. Ill keep an eye on St Mirren next season.

Probably a bit more like Craig Levein, although Fergie was fantastic at St Mirren. Both managers' first club was Cowdenbeath.
The most convincing thing is, Lennon has achieved more in a shorter period of time with less funds. They even look a little bit alike (H)

Lennon has a big job on his hands, Gus MacPherson done a fantastic job getting us into the SPL a few seasons ago but relegation was looking increasingly likely. We didn't look like moving up the league.
I hope that with Danny, we can progress as a club as we're certainly heading in the right direction.
We have a brand new training facility and a year-old stadium and a brand new manager.

Exciting times ahead! :)

Has terminated assistant manager, Andy Millen's contract.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Has terminated assistant manager, Andy Millen's contract.

And released vice captain Jack Ross

We're going down.

Bye Ess Pee ****. Hello diddier league.

st mirran were doomed anyway after last season they had to be the team to go down after falkirk, dunfermline will be up though ;)

st mirran were doomed anyway after last season they had to be the team to go down after falkirk, dunfermline will be up though ;)
Gus MacPherson was our manager for the last 6 years or so, he'd serve up horrible football but he'd keep us in the SPL, he would've done it again this season. I wish we didn't sack him :'(

I'd laugh if Dunfermline came up <)