Darlington FC - Will 'The Quakers' be shaking things up with the big boys?

jrsadler

Reaction score
Breaking News:
James Sadler named new Darlington Boss
CENTER]

Former Wrexham, Tranmere and Preston defender James Sadler was today installed as the new Darlington manager on a 2-year contract. This news comes only days after Mark Cooper's shock resignation after two weeks in the job. This is James Sadler's first venture into management after hanging up his boots back in the summer, and the former big-tackler seemed very excited in his new role and spoke of great plans he had in mind for Darlington Football Club; "I'm delighted the chairman has chosen me over a number of very experienced managers, I only hope now that I can repay him by first getting this massive club back where it belongs, in the football league". He went on to say; "My message to the fans is please, come and support us. Without you we have no twelfth man, and I am a firm believer that fans can lift a team when their down. I may be a gamble but hopefully one that pays off. I, like any manager loves to play attractive, attacking football and I believe that the ability levels running through this squad will have no problems attacking this league and securing promotion. That is my goal, that is the minimum."