Darlington - Time to fill the empty seats!

A dramatic month!

October

Darlington unbeaten in 12! Dean's men enter October with 9 wins and 1 draw. With the board and the fans behind rookie the manager, the club will be looking to stride forward and keep their early league place cemented in order to achieve promotion to league 1.

Coca-Cola League 2

L2.png

Darlington 2 - 1 Macclesfield
(Dalla Valle x2)

youthcupbrumh450.jpg

Brilliant performance again from the young Liverpool loanee, Topp and Dalla Valle linking up well from a great through ball from the Chilean which Dalla Valle latched onto and slided it past Macclesfield goalkeeper Veiga. The second game came from the three forwards linking up well with a one-two with Blackman and Topp and a threaded pass into the Finnish starlets path who smashed it in the bottom corner.

View attachment 65719

-

Johnstone's Paint Trophy North

0,,10794%7E3737449,00.gif

Round Two - Leeds

Darlington 1 - 3 Leeds
(Tadgh Purcell)

Late
consolation for Darlo

Difficult game for us, Leeds were in a top position in League 1 with a winning streak of 4 in the league, we knew this one would be tough but the lads gave a good go at it but Leeds deserved to progress to the next round.

View attachment 65721

-

Coca-Cola League 2

L2.png

Dagenham and Redbridge 1 - 1 Darlington
(Topp)

"Anonymous Darlington player reveals Dean's full-time fury"

Was left furious after this match, this should have been a routined win but our players didn't show up, we were lucky to come away with a draw, even though the stats suggest it was a pretty even game. Praise for ***** Topp who's half-volley took Darlo into the lead after 8 minutes.

View attachment 65723

-

Darlington 3 - 3 Shrewsbury
(Dalla Valle, Buba, Topp)

darlington-players-celebrate-gareth-waite-s-goal-500730904.jpg

Team celebrate Topp's goal in the 74th minute

"Darlington players respond to Dean's passionate team talks!"

The boy's bounce-backed after a disapointing day out to Dag&Red the week before. Three goals from three signings, a poor display from the new defender's Stockdale and Thompson. An early opener from Shrewsbury from midfielder Scannel. Things then went from bad to worse for us as Arnoux then doubled their lead on the 18th minute. Dalla Valle then pulled one back for us on the 27th minute from a pinpoint pass from midfielder Lumsdon. After a motivating team talk to 2-1 down Darlington, Dean got his reward from the players. Ten minutes after the second half kicked off, last months player of the month scored to level things up with a piledriver from the edge of the box. Lumsdon then got his second assist after a lobbed ball over the top to ***** Topp who headered it in. However, a good game turned sour in the 91st minute with a goal from Shrewsbury's McIntyre.

View attachment 65726

-

Barnet 2 - 1 Darlington
(Dalla Valle)

"First loss of the campaign for Darlo!"

An awful start to the game, two goals from Jarret and Medley within 20 minutes, we had a few clear-cut chances but failed to make them count. Dalla Valle scores once again in the dying seconds of the game. Our first defeat and a decent effort so I wasn't too upset, lets hope we can bounce back!

View attachment 65727

-

Hereford 3 - 3 Darlington
(Bower, Blackman, Lumsdon)

"Last minute penalty grabs a point for Darlington!"

Lumsdon buries a penalty in the 90th minute and sends fans into raptures!

What a game! I thoroughly enjoyed this! The lads battled against a decent Hereford team. Jordy Brouwer took the team into the lead in the 18th minute. Darlington left-back Bower scored a leaping header from a whipped in corner from Buba to level things up going into half time. Darlington came out the blocks flying with a goal from Nick Blackman in the 51st minute to give them the lead. Mayhem in the closing minutes with Darlington giving away a penalty in the 80th minute and then the 85th minute which were scored by Kenny Lunt which gave Darlington 5 minutes to salvage a point, who else but the midfielder who has been on top form all season - Chris Lumsdon who knocked it the opposite way to the diving Hereford keeper from the spot.

View attachment 65729

-

Boss Phil Dean gives Darlington player of the month award to Chris Lumsdon - the player has bagged himself a great number of assists and has been a great role-model to the youngsters in the squad.

View attachment 65730

League Table

View attachment 65731

Yet again a good month for the Darlington boys, who were predicted 15th position at the start of the season so I am very proud of them!

Great start mate! i'm currently attempting to get Charlton from league 1 to the premier league we are top of the league and six points clear, i have both kakuta and carrol on loan and they are performing great i will upload it when i know how to make a thread.