Darren Ferguson Sacked?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

JP Woody

Reaction score
According to reports on Sky, Darren Ferguson has been sacked by Peterborough,if this is true its an absolute disgrace.The guy won back to back promotions and severely over achieved last year.He also stayed loyal to the club when he was linked to jobs at bigger clubs.

Don't the board realise that the team are simply not good enough for the level they are playing at and Ferguson is doing the best he can.A change of manager isn't going to change anything,apart from possibly make things worse.

agreeed completely,

i still feel he was going to keep them up, he was just getting used to the higher standard of footie. he can come and be on our coaching team for a few years now

What were Peterborough expecting, 3 consecutive promotions?! It's a shocking decision. It isn't like they are lying bottom with 1 point, they are only 4 points from safety. A stupid stupid panic sacking in my opinion.

There is nothing on the website, hope he hasn't, was hoping for a All Ferguson clash in the premier league some day.

this has been rumoured for last couple of hours or so. very poor decision if you ask me

agreed, 2 successive promotions with his best 3 players ( Mclean, Mackail smith and boyd) all coming from non league teams, if this is true shame on the peterborough board, awful decision

Very,very harsh the guy has done tremendous work with that team with very little money,Roy Keane has a lot more at his disposal at ipswich and they're woeful! The peterborough board need to get some perspective about this!

wierd there has been no annoucement on the website.

they don't put stories up on BBC website before they get a reliable source

sounds true to me. stupid that

yeah bbc is usually the best, also cambridgeshire reported, i trust this so he is gone officially i think

Yeh, the guy won back to back promotions with a pretty average squad hes done a fantastic job and doesnt deserve the sack should atleast give him the rest of the season. The board dont realise that the difference between league two/one and the championship is beyond thinkable the championship this season is probs more exciting than the premiership if im honest.

Thats football for you in these days :|

Goodluck to him in the future.

Im sure there will be a host of clubs queuing for his signature,its a pitty Notts County aren't still looking for a manager.

odd that he was doing so well too
he was bottom but i know what your saying, i dont believe he invested well over the summer, he could have brought in a few free transfers but he didnt, cost him his job maybe, even so he did get back to back promotions which doesnt happen often

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Im sure there will be a host of clubs queuing for his signature,its a pitty Notts County aren't still looking for a manager.
they have hans backe now hes a good manager, he would do well there though, i could see him maybe being the next newcastle manager if hughton doesnt sign which he shouldnt.

i think fa should make it so you cant sack your manager out of transfer window seems ridicuous sacking them with only like 4 weeks till new transfers

He's only lost 40 games out of 145. Shocking decision,but with an arsehole like Barry Fry on the board what else can you expect.

i actually feel that should a lower half epl sack their manager, they might just appoint darren ferguson :P

Back