Dawson waits on knee injury scan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
England and Tottenham defender Michael Dawson faces an anxious wait to find out the extent of the knee injury he sustained against Bulgaria on Friday.

More...

Hopefully its not as bad as it looked.

Bet that was the last position that Spurs would want an injury to, especially to one of their least injury prone centre backs.

Unlucky for Spurs. Limited choices at centre back now.

Spurs have Basson, Gallas, Kaboul and Corluka and Huddlestone can play there
I would say King but he cant play 3 weeks in a row so :(

Not quite true. They have King, Bassong and Gallas, plus people like Assou-Ekotto. They're not so badly off.

BAE would make an absolutely shocking centre-back. He's far too slight and attack-minded, despite his defensive improvements lately.

King will make appearances for CL games and a number of league games, but it looks like we'll be playing a combination of Gallas, Bassong and/or Kaboul at centre-back while Dawson is out, with King stepping in occasionally when able. Corluka at CB is not reliable at all, and nor is Huddlestone who is far better suited partnering Modric in midfield.

Also Defoe went off injured too remember, along with Crouchie pulling out. I'm sure Pavyukchenko (sp) is carrying a knock too. If so it leaves them light up front too.

Kaboul is under-rated IMO, and will be invaluable to Spurs this season. A good, solid simple centre back.

Oh balls. I hope Gallas can perform. Don't see why he wouldn't :)

More and More of Tottenham's CBs seem to be getting on the end of injuries,...hope he recovers soon

Michael Dawson has been ruled out of action for up to eight weeks after spraining left knee ligaments and a left ankle ligament during his full England debut.

Dawson was carried off on a stretcher during Friday night's European Championship qualifier against Bulgaria after his leg collapsed beneath him early in the second half.

The freak incident appeared similar to that which saw Michael Owen sidelined for almost a year during the 2006 World Cup.

But scans on Saturday showed Dawson's injury was not as serious as that, although he could be sidelined until the end of October.

The 26-year-old was released from the England squad on Saturday morning and returned to Tottenham before undergoing a scan.

A statement on Spurs' official website read: "Scans today have revealed that Michael Dawson has sprained his left medial knee ligament and one of his left ankle ligaments.

"The defender has been withdrawn from the England squad after suffering the injuries during last night's 4-0 European Championship qualifying win against Bulgaria at Wembley and is expected to be out of action for six to eight weeks."

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal.../09/04/SOCCER_England_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Suppose Gallas will play a bit sooner than everybody expected? I hope he fails.

Could of been a lot worse so fairly pleased considering :/

Time for Gallas to shine :)

You could just tell it was a bad one as soon as he hit the floor. Wouldn't surprise me if there were complications and his absence has to be extended.

Kaboul and either Gallas or Bassong at the back for a while then, with King and Bassong partnering up when they can (I would say King and Kaboul, but Deadly Ledley seems to have a way of getting Bassong to play his best).

You could just tell it was a bad one as soon as he hit the floor. Wouldn't surprise me if there were complications and his absence has to be extended.

Kaboul and either Gallas or Bassong at the back for a while then, with King and Bassong partnering up when they can (I would say King and Kaboul, but Deadly Ledley seems to have a way of getting Bassong to play his best).
he needs to be nursed back slowly. if harry rushes him it will do long term damage. it says two months, but it'd be safer to add another two-three weeks to that

Back