Day freeze and now unable to access fm

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben1414
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

Ben1414

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently reached a particular day on football manager 2012 (Wednesday 18th September 2014) which my game kept freezing on. I tried loading the game again multiple times and even went back to old saves and reached the same problem after several hours of catching up, but the problem kept on happening on the same day (18/9/14). The progress box would come up and would freeze so that the game was totally unresponsive and I had to close the game via the task manager. A friend changed the steam setting to compatibilty mode to try to resurrect the problem, but this prevented me from even being able to open football manager (I'm not sure why he did this, he said it might help). When I attempt to open fm12 via steam, a message just comes up saying 'Error: unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support'. I changed the steam settings back so that it wasn't on compatibility mode, but it made no difference. I have tried verifying the integrity of the game cache as some help websites and forums have advised. I have also uninstalled both steam and football manager and installed them again, but the same problem has happened and I still can't open football manager. I would appreciate any help to be able to play the game again.
Thanks, Ben

Im getting the same problem, the same date but a year later, has anyone got any ideas at all?!!

your games could have corrupted. look at my help thread (in signature) for solution

Back