• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
De Gea signs on

981194F59D2944BA95904888994BDCA7.ashx

United have confirmed their third new signing of the summer after reaching agreement with Atlético Madrid for the transfer of David de Gea.

The 20-year-old goalkeeper passed a medical this week and has agreed a five-year deal with the club.

“I feel very proud and I can’t wait to start playing here,” said De Gea in an exclusive interview with MUTV’s Mandy Henry.

“When a club the size of Manchester United comes in for you it obviously makes you very, very happy.

"I saw their interest as an extra motivation to work even harder to show off my ability.

"It’s a great privilege to be part of a club like United and I'm keen to do my best and show what I can do.”

De Gea follows Phil Jones and Ashley Young in signing for the Reds and will join up with his new team-mates next month.

The young stopper, who was part of Spain’s victorious squad at the UEFA European Under-21 Championships last weekend, came through the ranks at Atlético before making his senior debut as an 18-year-old in the Champions League clash with FC Porto in September 2009.
He helped Atlético win the Europa League later that season and the 2010 UEFA Super Cup, and occupied the No.1 spot on a regular basis last season.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Jun/De-Gea-signs-on.aspx?pageNo=2

Glad this is confirmed now.. Hopefully few more to follow..

Last edited:
Take it he'll be wearing the #1 shirt, even though he prefers #13..

Very happy with this signing. Was always my original choice to join. Very happy!

Fergie really is pulling some impressive strings this window.

Hmm, I'm really not sure of this - I watched Atletico a few times this season, and in some games he was epic, in others he was terrible - so I'd say he's a bit incosistent. Also conceded most goal in La Liga from outside the area, so that would be a concern for me.

Never the less, I'd say it's a good signing for United, and if Van Der Sar is staying as a goalkeeping coach, then he can only get better.

He looks like a heroin addict going cold turkey in that pic!

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Hmm, I'm really not sure of this - I watched Atletico a few times this season, and in some games he was epic, in others he was terrible - so I'd say he's a bit incosistent. Also conceded most goal in La Liga from outside the area, so that would be a concern for me.

Never the less, I'd say it's a good signing for United, and if Van Der Sar is staying as a goalkeeping coach, then he can only get better.

But saved the most from inside I think I read somwhere ;)

Will be interesting watching this lad, I watched some La Liga last season but it was rarely Atletico games. Hopefully doesn't reach the ability of Van Der Sar any time soon.

**** yaarrrrrrrrrrr............

great keeper. been playing well in the u/21 championship!

Brilliant signing in my opinion. Still only young and hopefully with the guidance of VdS he'll become another Man Utd legend in the goalkeeping department.

Welcome to Old Trafford.

This is of course a great player, however I dont think he is ready to play for manchester seen as they will lose faith to quickly and thus banish him to the reserves..... really hope not though hope you groom him nicely so we can oick him up when Iker retires :P

Good luck to him lets see how he keeps his composure and concerntration behind a solid back four,one thing for me will be to see his ability to come for crosses as for me he isnt the best....but all in all the best youngster around IMO

Very very happy with this, excellent yung keeper who had a strong season overall last year, and will only go from strength to strength as a player

Obviously since he is young and it is his debut seasons he will make mistakes here and there but that rely is expected and he is will surely become world-class if given the right guidance which he is sure to receive at Man Utd, good signing for Man Utd

Dodgey title isn't it? Don't think he'll be signing on with the wages he's on.

Never seen him play so I hope he's *****

This is of course a great player, however I dont think he is ready to play for manchester seen as they will lose faith to quickly and thus banish him to the reserves..... really hope not though hope you groom him nicely so we can oick him up when Iker retires :P

Good luck to him lets see how he keeps his composure and concerntration behind a solid back four,one thing for me will be to see his ability to come for crosses as for me he isnt the best....but all in all the best youngster around IMO

Who else is gonna play? Kuszczak? Lol.

He's signed as the #1. You don't spend that much money for a goalkeeper you are going to groom.

Fantastico! Amazing keeper from what I saw of him last season, my only worry is his lack of english that could lead to a lack of communication or domination of the box.

Who else is gonna play? Kuszczak? Lol.

He's signed as the #1. You don't spend that much money for a goalkeeper you are going to groom.

I'm not sure he has been paying attention to the goings on at united.

Back