Debt

Reaction score
Hi,

A few days ago, when I was early on in my new Chelsea save, I asked about the fact that I was 11 mil in debt and was expected to be 17 or so mil. And I was told that the woner would pay it off. However now I am over 40 million in debt (end of season) - probably because I didn't achieve my aims, so the financial revenue wasn't as good - my owner hasn't paid it off, and whenever I ask for something, they say something along the lines of "although we agree with you reasoning, we simply can't find funding for your request." Even important things like Training facilities which have been downgraded due to new technology.

What should I do?

Thanks

Since you're Chelsea you should be fine tbh. Eventually he'll pay if off, but if it really bothers you then sell some of the dead wood, and maybe 1 or 2 big players you think you can do without.

I've sold Luiz and De Bruyne and a few other deadwoods, and I know he'll probably pay it off. But it is harming me at a really important part of the season (summer transfer window) because due to the situation the following has happened:

Owner only given me 3 point million to spend on new signings to mount a title challenge,

The training facilities have gone down due to new technology and whenever I ask him to upgrade them he says something like "although we agree with your reasoning we simply do not have enough money to fund for it",

And even if I want to sell to buy (due to small transfer budget), it doesn't work well because the transfer revenue is only 40% and whenever I ask him to increase it he says the same "agree with reasoning but not enough money" stuff, so I am forced to sell 3-4 players to buy one of the same calibre.

I've sold Luiz and De Bruyne and a few other deadwoods, and I know he'll probably pay it off. But it is harming me at a really important part of the season (summer transfer window) because due to the situation the following has happened:

Owner only given me 3 point million to spend on new signings to mount a title challenge,

The training facilities have gone down due to new technology and whenever I ask him to upgrade them he says something like "although we agree with your reasoning we simply do not have enough money to fund for it",

And even if I want to sell to buy (due to small transfer budget), it doesn't work well because the transfer revenue is only 40% and whenever I ask him to increase it he says the same "agree with reasoning but not enough money" stuff, so I am forced to sell 3-4 players to buy one of the same calibre.

first of all what date are you on? You should get what 55 million in tv rights so that should sort the debt out although not leaving much over. What database you using? Default or a custom update?

I would make an alternate save and holiday to end of July/ early August and see if it has sorted itself out or not

This happened to me at the start of my chelsea save. I signed a load of players, a lot over 48 months and got in debt. I was in debt or balancing towards even for about 4 years and was simply getting good free transfers or cut-price players and selling them on for £20-30m. This helped me out but the most important thing is winning things. I finally managed to win the treble (EPL, CL, FA CUP) and this made the income rocket up and have been raking in the money ever since.

My main advice is be smart in the transfer window and really go out for the Champions League as that (and the EPL) generates the most money and TV revenue. DONT sell your good players as these are obviously crucial to getting success. Could you post SSs of your finances (expenditure) and current squad please :) Did you spend big in the transfer market?

Screenshots

This happened to me at the start of my chelsea save. I signed a load of players, a lot over 48 months and got in debt. I was in debt or balancing towards even for about 4 years and was simply getting good free transfers or cut-price players and selling them on for £20-30m. This helped me out but the most important thing is winning things. I finally managed to win the treble (EPL, CL, FA CUP) and this made the income rocket up and have been raking in the money ever since.

My main advice is be smart in the transfer window and really go out for the Champions League as that (and the EPL) generates the most money and TV revenue. DONT sell your good players as these are obviously crucial to getting success. Could you post SSs of your finances (expenditure) and current squad please :) Did you spend big in the transfer market?
View attachment 475225View attachment 475226View attachment 475224View attachment 475223

Here are some screenshots. I didn't spend big in the summer. I had bought Fernandinho in Feb/March with what the remains of my previous (much larger) transfer budgets. And after selling Luiz, De Bruyne, and a few other deadwoods this summer, and adjusting the wage budget, I managed to raise funds to sign Lucas Moura (27 or so mil).

One thing I am really disappointed about and is completely my fault, is having been eliminated from the Champs league in the playoff stage against Dynamo Kiev in penalties. I had fielded a weak team, and it just fell apart. I'm guessing that will hurt me a lot. ;)

I was in a similar position in my first season with spurs - 50 million in debt at the start of may.

However, I managed to claw it back to a 50 million balance by the close of the window in August.

Fortunately for me, I won't the treble (Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League). I got a good chunk from the PL but my prize money for the others didn't even cover the winners bonuses I paid out.

However, winning the PL in particular evidently gave my players a massive reputation and value boost so I managed to sell Lennon and Dawson to City for £25 and £15 million respectively, and Paulinho and Chadli to Benfica for £25 and 27.5 million respectively.

At the start of the season I couldn't shift Chadli for 5mill!

Disappointed though that the Board only gave me 25 million to spend on new players after selling all them for a combined 90million plus - especially as Rooney was available for £40 million for about a week.

Ended up getting in El Sharraway and Zouma in though before the close and various assorted back-ups and youths so relatively happy with my dealings (especially with my first season youths coming of age).

And now I have the platform to be a financial force next year as well.

So, yea, I guess if you ste going to spend big you need to win and be successful on order to get a return.

Back