johnny_iron

Reaction score
End of season one with Liverpool.... Mingolet to Benfica - ?17.5 mil - then Ter Steggen in for ?6.75 mil

Mignolet is absolutely terrible on mine. 2 star?!

Nice! I am at the end of the first season and so far I am having a great transfer window and have done this. I am also trying to get a left back. As you can see I have a lot of money to spend. Who should I get that will perform and help me challenge for the Champions League and Premier League. I think that Luke Shaw might be too young. Looking at Alex Sandro and Alaba.

View attachment 460145

I got Luke Shaw as left back, he's been great for me so far and at the moment he's rotating with a regen left back who's going to surpass him eventually. But both are very young so I'm hoping to keep them for years to come.

Great business by both of you to get ter Stegen so cheap and getting good deals for Mignolet. I wasn't so lucky myself, but I bought ter Stegen in the first transfer window as SI's underrating of Mignolet forced me to replace him.

Just finished with the fourth transfer window, history so far:

View attachment 460136

View attachment 460137

View attachment 460138

View attachment 460139

Best pieces of business so far:

IN:
Verratti for 11m, now worth 32.5m and arguably the best player in my team.
Balanta for 7m, now worth 38m and even scores a fair amount of goals.
Hughes for 6.5m, now worth 32.5m and still just 21 years old.
Corchia for 4.5m, now worth 20m and wanted by basically all the top clubs.
Lamela for 30m, now worth 41.5m and has monstrous attributes.
Bender for 12m, now worth 22m and has become first choice BWM after Lucas' departure.

OUT:
Glen Johnson for 20m to City, was aging and on high wages. His replacements (De Sciglio and Corchia) surpassed him long ago.
Carlos Vela to Arsenal for 30m, bought him for 11m and he only performed decently the first season.
Carlos Fierro to Dortmund for 17.5m, bought him for 5m and he didn't perform.
Lucas Leiva to PSG for 40m, was aging and Sven Bender is filling the void perfectly.
Doria to Real Madrid for 35m, bought him for 7m and replaced him with a cheap Zouma.

Just wish I could decrease the transfer budget and invest in a new stadium, but in a week or so the new expanded Anfield is ready, with a capacity of 60,000 :)

Mignolet was about the worst keeper I ever experienced in FM. I bid 12.5m for Ter Steggen in January but it was rejected straight away...couldn't believe they accepted so low in June! I want Shaw for LB but Southampton don't want to sell (was quoted 28m). Looking at De Sciglio and if I can get him for 10m then I will bite Milan's hand off. Other than that I have picked up Vydra and Vitinho on frees.

Take a look at Ben Davies if you're looking for a left back, he's also great. If you can get Alex Sandro that'd also be amazing, but he's usually very expensive. De Sciglio is great in that he can play both RB and LB, and even as wing back on both sides.

I got Luke Shaw as left back, he's been great for me so far and at the moment he's rotating with a regen left back who's going to surpass him eventually. But both are very young so I'm hoping to keep them for years to come.

Great business by both of you to get ter Stegen so cheap and getting good deals for Mignolet. I wasn't so lucky myself, but I bought ter Stegen in the first transfer window as SI's underrating of Mignolet forced me to replace him.

Just finished with the fourth transfer window, history so far:

View attachment 406630

View attachment 406629

View attachment 406626

View attachment 406624

Best pieces of business so far:

IN:
Verratti for 11m, now worth 32.5m and arguably the best player in my team.
Balanta for 7m, now worth 38m and even scores a fair amount of goals.
Hughes for 6.5m, now worth 32.5m and still just 21 years old.
Corchia for 4.5m, now worth 20m and wanted by basically all the top clubs.
Lamela for 30m, now worth 41.5m and has monstrous attributes.
Bender for 12m, now worth 22m and has become first choice BWM after Lucas' departure.

OUT:
Glen Johnson for 20m to City, was aging and on high wages. His replacements (De Sciglio and Corchia) surpassed him long ago.
Carlos Vela to Arsenal for 30m, bought him for 11m and he only performed decently the first season.
Carlos Fierro to Dortmund for 17.5m, bought him for 5m and he didn't perform.
Lucas Leiva to PSG for 40m, was aging and Sven Bender is filling the void perfectly.
Doria to Real Madrid for 35m, bought him for 7m and replaced him with a cheap Zouma.

Just wish I could decrease the transfer budget and invest in a new stadium, but in a week or so the new expanded Anfield is ready, with a capacity of 60,000 :)

How did you get them all so cheap? I was quoted the likes of ?38m for Verratti, ?42m for Shaw, ?15m for Hughes, Balanta cost me just short of ?17m. The list could go on

Sooooo, I have gotten bids of 50M rejected for both Alex Sandro and Alaba. I guess I will go for Luke Shaw or Ben Davies. Also thinking of getting De Sciglio or Clyne or even Montoya to rotate and eventually replace Johnson. Who should i get?

Milan want 58m for de sciglio and Southampton now want 48m for Shaw......so I have signed Alex sandro for 11,5m possibly rising to 15m and got Balanta for 5,5m on the recommendation of you lot. I am beginning to think that the price accepted for players relys on you bidding at the right time.....

How did you get them all so cheap? I was quoted the likes of ?38m for Verratti, ?42m for Shaw, ?15m for Hughes, Balanta cost me just short of ?17m. The list could go on

I started out when the game was in beta, they might have changed the starting asking prices of some players upon full release. But I'm already in 2016 so I'm not gonna start over because of that.

I started out when the game was in beta, they might have changed the starting asking prices of some players upon full release. But I'm already in 2016 so I'm not gonna start over because of that.

Ah, would make sense, I've seen people getting them for similar prices, yeah of course not haha