Deep-lying playmaker or Advanced playmaker in central midfield position?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 18K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a 4-3-3 tactic, short passing style and a wide width with slow tempo. The 2 out of the 3 midfielders i have so far are DM with defend duty and a box-to-box midfielder, the problem I have is that i dont know what kind of playmaker to play.

i've read about, that the advanced playmaker needs a striker with support duty so that this player isnt isolated, however I'm only going to play a poacher.

The Deep-lying playmaker makes occasional runs more is more suited for a more direct passing style, problem I have there is that I want to keep the ball on the floor as much as possible.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

I personallt use à Deeplying PLM when I want to drag the defensive and deepsitting opponents onto me. Playing more probing and patient and really needing to have someone creative deep down the field. When I on the other hand want to launch quicker attacks, I prefer a more Advanced playmaker to exploit the space that is already there, him hitting those key passes that creates chances rather than openenings in the play.

Naturally, I dont combine the deep PLM with too defensive teammates in midfield but instead perhaps one B2B and one agressiv ballwinner om support.

I personallt use à Deeplying PLM when I want to drag the defensive and deepsitting opponents onto me. Playing more probing and patient and really needing to have someone creative deep down the field. When I on the other hand want to launch quicker attacks, I prefer a more Advanced playmaker to exploit the space that is already there, him hitting those key passes that creates chances rather than openenings in the play.

Naturally, I dont combine the deep PLM with too defensive teammates in midfield but instead perhaps one B2B and one agressiv ballwinner om support.

Well for my first testing ill be using my Everton save 4 seasons in and the Midfielders I have are: Fellaini, Rodwell, Witsel and Crisetig. What I was thinking was Fellaini as the DM (Defend), Rodwell as the box-to-box and the problem is Witsel... your thoughts?

Well for my first testing ill be using my Everton save 4 seasons in and the Midfielders I have are: Fellaini, Rodwell, Witsel and Crisetig. What I was thinking was Fellaini as the DM (Defend), Rodwell as the box-to-box and the problem is Witsel... your thoughts?

I think you should try him as an advanced PLM to start with. Is looks now though as you are using a 451 ( dmc-mc-mc) and not a 433, is that correct ?

I think you should try him as an advanced PLM to start with. Is looks now though as you are using a 451 ( dmc-mc-mc) and not a 433, is that correct ?

Yeah... sorry I regard that as a 4-3-3 hahaha only because of the way I percieve Barca to play. Well I've started a new save and I'm using ze Roberto as a DLP and it seems to be working so far... ive got him with run from deep and run with ball often, to push up into the AMC role

i use both, xavi my dlp(s) and iniesta as my ap(a) then untick playmaker box, seems to be doing gd for me, won the league with 107 points :)

i use both, xavi my dlp(s) and iniesta as my ap(a) then untick playmaker box, seems to be doing gd for me, won the league with 107 points :)

No offence but they are the best playmakers in the world backed up by arguably the best player in the world so im not surprised although... unticking the playmaker box does what exactly?

Go for Douglas Costa... has brilliant stats at on 21 and becomes an absolute star...

Please see my thread on him (H)

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen for DLP. and imo, dont get advanced playmakers to play in the central midfield position, you will rarely get the best out of them.

Betterhalf what roles would you give the following players in my midfield. Arteta, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Rosicky. I am playing a 433/451 with Arsenal and I playing with a Fluid/Control against similar opponents and Fluid/Atacking against weaker teams. My passing is set to default and I am playing with more creative freedom and high pressing.

Also how would you set up the same players in a 4231 midfield with the two CM pushed up in the central midfield position

Thanks

Betterhalf what roles would you give the following players in my midfield. Arteta, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Rosicky. I am playing a 433/451 with Arsenal and I playing with a Fluid/Control against similar opponents and Fluid/Atacking against weaker teams. My passing is set to default and I am playing with more creative freedom and high pressing.

Also how would you set up the same players in a 4231 midfield with the two CM pushed up in the central midfield position

Thanks

You might want to check out the 4-2-3-1 BetterHalf created for Arsenal:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ds-discussion-help-thread-18.html#post1409173

milan badelj is a god. i have him and thiago alcantara as the replacement for Xavi and iniesta in my Barca save, absolute monster in midfield

Loads have people seem to have gone off topic on your thread unfortunately. To get back to what you were asking, I'd definitely go for an advanced playmaker, you already seem to have a defensively minded midfield so you need a creative attacking outlet. I think it suits Witsel best anyway.

Back