jdrawmer

Reaction score
Hi all - this is my first post, but i've been following for a long time, and finally happy that I can contribute something! So be nice!

I'm sure most of you will be aware of the corners issue that SI games have admitted to their being problems with. Although there also seems to be a good way of scoring them, (with everybody lurking except a guy attacking near post and 2 staying back - aiming for near post) I seem to have come up with a good solution for defending them. I've played a good 10 games with this technique now (where I would normally concede a fair few corners), and conceded no goals from corners - just a dodgy penalty.

Basically, I have my WINGERS marking the near and far posts, my centre backs marking tall men and EVERYBODY ELSE 'Stay Back'. I don't keep anybody forward because I realised that the AI very rarely scores from rebounds, but normally manage to keep possession of the ball afterwards anyway, so it's no great loss not being able to counter that well, and typically once the initial danger is gone, your attacking players will be on the move anyway.

The reason for the wingers marking the posts is that it gives your full backs the ability to use their superior defensive skills to deal with any dangers.

I've found that this tactic spreads the players out more and doesn't leave silly gaps between the GK and your defence for them to exploit, whilst still covering the most dangerous players just in case.

Give it a go and let me know what you think. Might need little tweaks, but it's been a massive improvement for me so far!
icon_smile.gif

Will try this as i have been letting in quite a lot of corners lately, but one question about attacking corners. How do you set more than one player to lurk outside area? They only swap. Thanks

from my experience, it 'says' it will swap with another player, but actually still does it anyway. This seems to be the case for both creator and classic tactics.

I don't use the set piece creator by the way, which might stop you from doing this.

might give it a go as I'm getting absolutely raped from CK. First season in Serie A with San Marino and doing fine at mid table, except we concede AT LEAST one goal per game from corners (and btw we haven't scored a single goal from CK as of January). I swear we'd be in CL zone without stupid corner kicks...

might give it a go as I'm getting absolutely raped from CK. First season in Serie A with San Marino and doing fine at mid table, except we concede AT LEAST one goal per game from corners (and btw we haven't scored a single goal from CK as of January). I swear we'd be in CL zone without stupid corner kicks...

I play this andersson its pretty good, but i have one forward on the edge of the box usually the quick, dribbling one.

Conceded three goals from corners in two matches using these instructions. Definitely not a panacea.

What I do and works well for me (very basic) :

- 2 wingers guard post
- CB mark tall players
- DM man marking
- the rest go back