Defending Serie A...., hmmm how do i do that?

mwinters95

Reaction score
Well after winning Serie A with A.C. Milan with a bit of luck, I chopped and changed personnel and realised i could look at a new, improved formation. Some had left the club, some were sold or on loan and i may have cancelled a few contracts. BUT i spent 90 million Euro on players and it is your job to arrange them!

Keepers: Akinfeev, Abbiati, De Gea
CB : Nesta, Felipe, Thiago Silva, Bonera, Kaladze, N Koulou, Suchy
FB : Beck, Antonini, Zambrotta, Oddo
CM : Pirlo, Gatusso, Ambrossini, Flamini, Veloso, S.Canales, Seedorf
CAM : Ronaldihno, Di Maria, Silva, Di Gennaro, Abate
ST : Pato, Hunttelaar, Borrielo, Inzaghi

sorry I have only just seen this thread, I would play them in a 4-5-1 formation as follows,
Akinfeev
Zambrotta, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Antonini
Pirlo, Veloso, Gatusso
Ronalidinho, Di Maria, ( which Silva is it? )
Pato

only just seen this thread
i will help but try decideing for urself
Keeper :ankinfeev
Thiago silva and kaladze DCs
RB: N Koulou
LB: Beck
DMC: Pirlo and Veloso
Canales AMC
SIlva AMR retrian him
AML: DI maria
ST; Rotate pato and huntelaar
formation 4-2-3-1

Look into young players to rejuvenate your squad.Most of your defence is old and will probably retire in a couple of seasons.

Invest in a goalkeeper such as Guillermo Ochoa or an even younger one like Alphonse Areola even though you have de Gea.

Play a couple of formations to see what best fits and you should do well to retain the title.I did most of these things with my Juve team and have now won it four times.Into my sixth season.

only just seen this thread
i will help but try decideing for urself
Keeper :ankinfeev
Thiago silva and kaladze DCs
RB: N Koulou
LB: Beck
DMC: Pirlo and Veloso
Canales AMC
SIlva AMR retrian him
AML: DI maria
ST; Rotate pato and huntelaar
formation 4-2-3-1

agree, pato can also go as AMR, Felipe instead of kaladze maybe
sell som players, like antonini, di gennaro, abate they are not good enough. and some CB(s)

thanks all

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

@willow1293 it is david silva ( who set me back a hefty £36m! )

@goonergun435 yeah i retrained silva but hes just not that effective. But Kaladze CB? Hes something like 6th, 7th choice

@iNickstuff yeah id already got alphonse areola but im not sure how good he turns out to be@

@sampaman thats what i thought but antonini has to start and hes decent but di gennaro is some player in my game.

Last edited: