Defensive frailties

• Thread starter Thread starter mikeossie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 681

mikeossie

Reaction score
Right heres the challenge ..i have a tactic its beautiful works for rubbish clubs good clubs rich clubs poor clubs dont matter who you will do well...but.... like every good tactic on here that i have come across ddefensive frailties always seem to stop it from being great...so my challenge is for someone to create a defensive line consisting of 2 centrebacks 2 full backs and a defensive midfielder...if someone can perfect this so you dont concede many goals... one thing i wouls suggest is dont do it with Manchester united barcelona or Real Madrid etc etc you know what i mean then tell me you gone 10 games without conceding a goal...try using a poorer team if you manage to perfect this dont matter if you draw 10 games in a row share this info and i'll see if i can make it work with the almost perfect tactic i already have...

'Perfect' - Every tactic has a counter, its the beauty of football.
As for the defence, by perfect you mean you want a defence that doesnt concede? impossible ... There are plenty out there that, when using, you will concede the least over a season.

Riddick thats what i after i know you concede but i'm after the strongest possible can you point me in the right diriection?

I'm a believer of a good defence is a strong offence, so i tend to favour wing backs.

Try to wing backs (support duty) and two central defenders, one pushed one/two clicks more attacking than the other on advanced settings. Set one two Limited Defender Stopper, other to Cover (Unless you have world-class defenders then set the Stopper to ball playing defender).

DM depends entirely on who you have for the position ... Mascherano DM > Defend, hes normally who i go after.

You're after JP Woody's version of Mr' Hough's 4-1-2-3wonder tactic. My only tweak is to turn the CB mentality to ultra defensive and 0 creativity. This is with rampaging fullbacks and midfielders who have very attacking ppm's(get forward whenever possible, runs down left/right/run through centre).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0.7 goals p/game - over 5/6 seasons, I think thats pretty good defensively. I usually have the season wrapped up with 5-10 games to spare so I trot out my kids and that's where I conceded most of my goals

Last edited:
Similar stats to what i end up with, but the wing backs help rack up goals on the other end. Depends a lot on the players at your disposal.

i heard jp's and woodys is good but i want to keep my attacking line i just after the defensive side of things really the back four and the dm gunna try mixing some stuff up and thanks riddick trying what you said now

I'm a fan of Limited defenders-don't do anything stupid just clear the ball or get it someone who knows what to do with it. One guy dominant in the air, one guy destructive on the ground. I love pace as well, Not even interested in a CB with a pace/acceleration of less than 13 or FB 's less than 15. I want to be the fastest team on the pitch everytime.

I like one pacey and one to stay back, I prefer to play a ball playing defender, it helps massively with controlling the game, giving the midfield an extra man to bring into play while waiting for the run upfront. Has its downsides, but i'd rather take the extra option in controlling the game, so i can have my midfielders push further.

Back