AlwaysBallin

Reaction score
Okay.

Towards the end of last season, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea side defeated Liverpool 0-2 at Anfield to all but stop Liverpool from winning the title. It was a game neither side could afford to lose. Jose Mourinho was heavily criticized for his tactics that game, but does he care? No he doesn't. Mourinho very rarely loses big games.

I recently agreed to become the manager of the Iran National Team, and knew i would have to come up against better opposition. However, i believe i have created a tactic, very similar to that of Mourinho's that beat Liverpool at Anfield last season, that makes it very, very difficult for teams to break down and beat.

Not only did i defeat Holland 1-0 in one of the best defensive displays i have ever seen, but i also earnt draws with Brazil and Argentina, as seen in the pictures attached.

I thought of everything. From getting every man back to do a job at corners, and to avoid being caught on the counter attack when taking throw-ins, always throwing long down the line to avoid the team becoming out of shape. I have had brilliant results with this tactic and it's perfect for games when you desperately don't want to lose and want to frustrate your opponent.
Like playing in the second leg of a champions league tie for example, when a draw will send you through.

In the pictures below, you will see every single man behind the ball, making it unbelievably hard for my opponent to make any clear chance, often they have to try long range shots. Holland's stat of 2 shots on target all game prove that. In the second picture, you can see Neymar on his own in the box, with 9 Iranian players around him. No chance is he scoring there. I also decided to use it with Crystal Palace, and in my first game beat Tottenham, again..The opposition have less than 3 shots on target all game. No coincidence there. And again, I earned a draw with Italy..they had 1 shot on target all game!

I'd advise you to have a full pre-season with this tactic and to make sure the team are familiar with it before using it.

Last edited:
To able to play defensively, however can you win games, or leagues or cups?

I was Iran and i beat Holland 1-0 as you can see. If i was Man City playing against Wigan, it probably wouldnt be best to use this tactic. It works best for when you don't want to lose a game, or when the opposition is much stronger. This tactic is great for big games when you don't want to lose.

Hello kind sir,

thank you so much for giving what I must imagine to be so much time and effort into this fabulous tactic. I have used this tactic all day today. It works superbly and is a joy to witness. I must admit when my Blackburn rovers managed to win 1-0 at anfield with a wonder goal from my go to striker Jackson Martinez I shed a tear. But do not be alarmed these were tears of utter joy! I must send my deepest congratulations to you and your team for making this! Hats off to you good sir

I love tactics like these, don't get me wrong. The ones specifically without wingers, it allows more midfielders. However, what if I had 4 of the best central midfielders in the game, a world class winger and striker too. How could I get them all in this formation?

good tactics at defense but attacking need a bit of more touch ....working on it .good work

Will consider it, I'm Barcelona (trying to set my self a challenge to make no more signings after 2015 and rely on the youth I have signed and the academy), but at the moment I use three tactics, rotated each game and my own is failing miserably in Europe so I will probably use this one for Europe seeing as Europe has more competition than La Liga. (I can use Attacking mentality for everyone except R. Madrid and win comfortably)

making a set of 2 tactics atacking and defensive based on same formation maybe? was trying Your tactic in some away games very very strond at the back but no goals

Let me know if you manager to make it better! Any feedback is welcomed

If that's the case, where you have world class midfielders that can't fit into the team, you will have to sell, just like Mourinho did, selling Mata.