defensive problems with zaragoza

• Thread starter Thread starter Hernanes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Hernanes

Reaction score
I'm currently playing with Zaragoza and I'm doing pretty well. After 13 games I am 5th, but I have a problem with the defense.

View attachment 217774View attachment 217776

I had some great results like 3-1 away against Atletico, 3-2 against Valencia, but I had also losses like 2-3 against Sevilla, 5-0 Barça. If my defense had played better I would have won much more games. And I often win by a very narrow marging (3-2, 4-3, 2-1) I concede goals in most of my games. As you can see above I play with a high defensive line which I prefer to the deeper one and my centre backs are a bit old. What can I do to improve my defense? Are there any players I could buy? I don't want to change my formation as it has worked well so far.
thx

I'm currently playing with Zaragoza and I'm doing pretty well. After 13 games I am 5th, but I have a problem with the defense.

View attachment 217774View attachment 217776

I had some great results like 3-1 away against Atletico, 3-2 against Valencia, but I had also losses like 2-3 against Sevilla, 5-0 Barça. If my defense had played better I would have won much more games. And I often win by a very narrow marging (3-2, 4-3, 2-1) I concede goals in most of my games. As you can see above I play with a high defensive line which I prefer to the deeper one and my centre backs are a bit old. What can I do to improve my defense? Are there any players I could buy? I don't want to change my formation as it has worked well so far.
thx

Hi hernanes

Just a few tips for a better Defence. If they are slow and sit High up the pitch, they are going to have to do alot of running back against teams which just overpower you. IE Barce, real.

teams like this will just attack attack attack untill they score.

Although i play fm useing this saying, " you cant pollish a **** " May be used on your defence haha if they are old and not at their best.

have a wee look at the market when you can and bring in some Pure Physical Defenders who can cope with the high defence line, Work rate, Stamina, determination jumping are most important, then look at the marking, tackling Heading etc. Others might Disagree but its where I always look and its done well for me useing that rule.

Sol Bamba is a great buy if not already snapped up as he can be picked up for under 800k and is a basic good Defender for a team such as yours.

Anyway back to the old defence and slow defence, pushing high up will kill them so drop alittle deaper and Possible reduce their Closeing down.

If none of that works Im sure others will be along to posst what they think will work too so Im sure you wont be stuck for advice :)

best of luck

Scrap the ball playing defenders - you're playing a DM anyways, the ball can easily go through him and it'll keep the defenders in their place. Try to get your hands on Arne Friedrich although he won't be eligible to play until January.

Back