• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
PART ONE - GOALKEEPERS

As you may know, there are a lot of players available on free transfers at the start of the game. Narrowing them down to the decent players can be a long-winded process, so I have taken the liberty of doing it for you all. I will list the decent players that you may miss, or you didn't know about, so check below!

Okay, Lets Begin!

Goalkeepers:

1 - Cristian Mora, 29, Colombian
A decent Keeper available on a free, the only problem you may have is a Work Permit if you are in UK.

My Rating - 7/10

2 - Moretto - 31, Brazilian
Again a good keeper with the same problem as above, Work Permit.

My Rating - 7/10

3 - Jurgen Macho - 31, Austrian
Well known after spells with Sunderland and Chelsea. Good keeper, without the WP problems of the two above.

My Rating - 8/10

4 - Sebastien Viera - 26, Uruguayan(Italian)
Released by VIllarreal last season, again, he doesnt have the WP problems of the first two, as of his dual nationality.

My Rating - 7/10

5 - David Gonzalez - 26, Colombian
Quite a few Colombians available on frees, this being another. WP problems again.

My Rating - 6/10

6 - Edwin Alberto Villafuerte - 30, Colombian
Another worth looking at, WP may be a problem....

My Rating - 6/10

7 - Marcos - 33, Brazilian
Not the famous Brazilian keeper Marcos, but may be worth a look at. WP problems again for the UK.

My Rating - 5/10

8 - Andreas Lengsfeld - 23, German
Definetly worth signing, in my opinion, one of the best free keepers, if not players available. Good after a couple of years, up there with Ochoa in stats.

My Rating - 9/10

9 - Ian Walker - 37, English
Once England international. Older than all the others, but still could do a lower league team a good job for a year or two.

My Rating - 7/10 **Thanks to JackFulham**:D

10 - Lars Stubhaug - 19, Norwegian
I never noticed this player before, but was brought to my attention by Anlaby7Hull, HarryinHD, and Chris. Good youngster, plenty of potential.

My Rating - 7/10 ** Thanks to Anlaby7Hull, HarryinHD, and Chris**:D

11 - Grzegorz Szamotulski - 33, Polish
Another I seem to have missed out. Could certainly do a good job for Lower League Teams.

My Rating - 6/10 **Thanks to ronaseal**

Thanks for taking the time to look at this list, ad watch out for Part 2, Defenders!!!

Please leave Comments below.

Last edited:
This is very useful, the guide on the other thread is a bit jumbled, this has the potential to be very helpful, it would be good if you could put them into a shortlist and then upload to the site but nobodies perfect ;)

maybe, you should go for some players, avaliable for llm

Super,

Are you going to be doing this for each position?

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

what does 'llm' mean??

Lower League Management

This is very useful, the guide on the other thread is a bit jumbled, this has the potential to be very helpful, it would be good if you could put them into a shortlist and then upload to the site but nobodies perfect ;)

I do plan on making a shortlist, when I have done the other three sets(Def, Mid, Atk)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Super,

Are you going to be doing this for each position?

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Lower League Management
Thanks, just couldnt tell if it was LLM or 11m lol. Hopefully I will be, but I personally havent played much in the lower leagues, so I am not sure about what average CA each league has.

Thanks Stuart, may I suggest you put it all on the top post though as then we won't have to trawl through the many comments this thread will potentially get, I admire the time and effort you have probaly put it into this and the screenshots are really helpful. :)

Thanks Stuart, may I suggest you put it all on the top post though as then we won't have to trawl through the many comments this thread will potentially get, I admire the time and effort you have probaly put it into this and the screenshots are really helpful. :)

Well the idea is to make seperate threads for the positions: Part 1 GKs, Part 2 Def, Part 3 Mid, Part 4 Strikers. I actually plan on making a thread for coaches aswell. I know how tricky it can be at some clubs to find the right players on a miniscule budget.

I signed Mora on my Espanyol story but I had a problem with the amount of 'foreigners' allowed in the squad. He's a fantastic keeper, but this list is even better ;) Well done mate, thanks a lot! <)

If anyone comes across any free keepers worth listing, please let me know, and I will add them to the list.

got this guy for Cambridge (blue square side) and he has been very good.

I will add them soon guys. Thanks

Lars Stubhaug is no doubt one of the best free agents on the game :)

Stubhaug gave me decent backup for Newcastle for a couple of seasons. Sold him for £100,000 which isn't bad I suppose. <)

Lengsfeld can take a while to bring on, but if you get his training right, he is brilliant. He is in the German squad on my mates game, second or third choice I believe, behind Adler.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Thanks Harry and Chris I will add them soon.

Back