Defoe to have groin surgery

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 702
Well,it allows strikers who haven't been given a chance by Capello to step up,eg. Darren Bent.

Not too dissapointed tbh. Hasn't scored in a while now and has been hampered for months with it, so if it benefits him in the long haul, then i'm all for it. Might make 'Arry play a 4-5-1 now so theres always an up side :)

This will feel like a kick in the groin to spurs fans ! was he injured in the WC?

Not too dissapointed tbh. Hasn't scored in a while now and has been hampered for months with it, so if it benefits him in the long haul, then i'm all for it. Might make 'Arry play a 4-5-1 now so theres always an up side :)

We don't have a suitable striker for 4-5-1.

Pavlyuchenko is the only one who it could potentially suit, but he's so hit and miss.

We don't have a suitable striker for 4-5-1.

Pavlyuchenko is the only one who it could potentially suit, but he's so hit and miss.

Yeah I see what you mean, Keane could do a job there though, works hard :S
Thing is with the 4-5-1 we could play Pav up front, with Giovani Playing off him, which works really well, as it wouldnt be 3 CM's just Giovani playing off Pav really, well that would be how I would play it.

Huge blow for Spurs.

Was listening to a few talk about this tonight, and apparently stats show that Tottenham strikers are terrible in terms of scoring goals. So maybe they'll struggle to make a good attacking force without Defoe, who seemed to get all their goals last season..

Think this will give a chance to possibly Dos Santos, or maybe might let Pav have a great chance to impress. :)

Yeah I see what you mean, Keane could do a job there though, works hard :S
Thing is with the 4-5-1 we could play Pav up front, with Giovani Playing off him, which works really well, as it wouldnt be 3 CM's just Giovani playing off Pav really, well that would be how I would play it.
really? if you were playing Pav i would have a midfield triangle of palacios - thudd - modric operating behind him

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

apparently he could play 60 minutes tomorrow, not sure its worth the risk if he aggravates it before surgery

He should forget about playing tonight. He could end up having the same problems as Woodgate if he aggravates it. Just as well we have three other forwards as we could really be in the ****. We had a shortage when we sold Berbatov and Keane the other year and had to get Frazier Campbell in on loan. Hopefully wont need to get a loanee in unless he is top dollar and can lead the line upfront on his own.

Back