Defoe vs Pavlyuchenko

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K
S

Sam

After Tottenham's 0-0 draw with West Ham, I feel this question is valid, should Redknapp play Defoe or Pavlyuchenko? I realise Crouch is also in contention, but this thread is just for the two mentioned. So what do you think?

Defoe > Pavlyuchenko.. but for Spurs' system Pavlyuchenko is probably better.

Defoe is an absolute goal machine. At Portsmouth Defoe played in a 4-4-2 with Crouch along side him and Portsmouth won the FA Cup (although Defoe was inlegible) and got into Europe for the next season. I say play both Defoe and Crouch upfront and play Bale and Lennon out wide but in more advanced positions more like a 4-2-2-2 formation.

What about VDV, Modric, Huddelstone ?

Defoe is an absolute goal machine. At Portsmouth Defoe played in a 4-4-2 with Crouch along side him and Portsmouth won the FA Cup (although Defoe was inlegible) and got into Europe for the next season. I say play both Defoe and Crouch upfront and play Bale and Lennon out wide but in more advanced positions more like a 4-2-2-2 formation.

Then you lose Van Der Vaart or Modric, two of their best players if not their best players.

O rly?

seems that simple doesnt it.

Defoe this season has been cack. We have tried defoe and the beanpole but it doesnt work.

Pav seems the best of a sorry bunch but still doesnt get enough chances.

Recalling Harry Kane seems the best option to me atm. Can't do much worse than Defoe is.

O rly?

seems that simple doesnt it.

Defoe this season has been cack. We have tried defoe and the beanpole but it doesnt work.

Pav seems the best of a sorry bunch but still doesnt get enough chances.

Recalling Harry Kane seems the best option to me atm. Can't do much worse than Defoe is.

Was just an opinion and i was backing it up by past results thats all.

We are talking about strikers on there own.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Have you seen him play? Very forgetful

Crouch the only player to ever score for Spurs in champions league knock outs. How can you berate him. ;)

Pav looked more dangerous when he came on while Defoe missed a lot of chances so gotta b pav for me

Defoe can be amazing at times (wolves game) he just needs confidence , we know he can score as he got 18 last season

Back