Dembele Joins Fulham

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Fulham Football Club has today confirmed the signing of 23 year old Moussa Dembele from AZ Alkmaar on an 3 year deal that will see the player at the club until the summer of 2013.

A creative, attacking player with plenty of pace, an eye for goal and a good range of passing, Moussa Dembele has been one of the Eredivisie’s most exciting players in recent seasons.

Dembele started his professional career at Germinal Beerschot before moving to Willem II in 2005. Despite the Tilburg side enduring a difficult season and finishing in the lower half of the table, Dembele weighed in with an impressive nine goals.

His performances caught the attention of AZ Alkmaar and he joined Louis van Gaal’s side in the summer of 2006. He scored six goals for AZ in his first season and followed that with a fine 07/08 campaign.

However it was his magnificent performances in Alkmaar’s 2008/09 title-winning season, which saw Dembele provide a number of assists and score 10 goals that confirmed him as one of the Eredivisie’s prime talents.

SigningMain.jpg

Dembele is also a regular in the Belgium national team.

Moussa Dembele said:

‘I am very happy to join Fulham and look forward to training with the team to prepare for the first home game of the season. It has always been a dream to play in the Premier League and I will make sure that I make the most of this opportunity.

‘I understand that Fulham has a strong squad, so I am prepared to work hard for the Manager and take my chance to impress him, and my teammates, when the opportunities arise.’

Mark Hughes commented:

‘I’m glad that we have finalised the deal with Moussa Dembele and I would like to welcome him to the Club. It is important that we go into the season with some additions to the squad that will add strength and depth to enable us to compete at a consistently high level throughout the season.

‘Moussa is strong and quick and will add another dimension to our attacking options, which is important for us. I look forward to working with him, and to hopefully, a few more additions before the window closes.’

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/DembeleJoinsFulham.aspx

Great signing for us, although he apparently see us a stepping stone, that just shows his ambition to become one of the best players in world, turned down AC Milan last summer because he wasn't guaranteed first team football. Also turned down Brum in favour of us. One of the best youngsters in Holland at the moment. Really excited to see him play because he has lots of flair and pace :wub:

Quality signing for Fulham.

Dembele and Zamora! :wub:

Quality signing for Fulham.

Dembele and Zamora! :wub:

I've got high hopes for that partnership, apparently Dembele is a very selfless forward hence why he get's a lot of assists, heard nothing but good things about him <)

Very good player, perhaps a bit injury prone player, kind of stopped him living up to his 'wonderkid-ness'

good signing he looks like he could be a good player.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFIyGPHSSZw"]YouTube- Moussa Dembele Compilation[/ame]

Whenever a player see's his club is a stepping stone, is when you know you have an ego, no one is bigger than the club. Wouldn't be happy about him saying that.

Never seen him play, really, so will reserve judgment.

I am actually over the moon with excitement that Dembele has signed for Fulham!

Great signing,great prospect for the future and hopefully will turn out well at Craven Cottage :D

Whenever a player see's his club is a stepping stone, is when you know you have an ego, no one is bigger than the club. Wouldn't be happy about him saying that.

Never seen him play, really, so will reserve judgment.

Mehh, I'd he'd be honest than lie, if Dembele lives up to his name, he will probably be to good for us. We've lost the likes of Saha, Malbranque and Sean Davis to this in the past because they've wanted to further there career. The good thing about Hughes is that he is a shrewd negotiator and will never let a good player leave on the cheap. Hughes has also been interested in Dembele since his Blackburn days so he knows the kind of player he's signings.

If Dembele and Zamora partner each other, you will have assists galore. ;)

Excellent player for Fulham. Should be another Top half finish for you this season. :wub:

Chelsea were interested in him for about 2 years prior to this summer. Haven't seen much of him but he's a player who can make something out of nothing.

Looks like a really good signing for Fulham, hopefully allow them to build on the success they had last season.

good signing for fulham, could make a tidy profit if he adapts well.

Great signing for fulham, look forward to watching him in the premier leauge

Top Signing for Fulham . I'll watch out for him in the premier league

I knew you'd be the one to post this thread :P I bet you've been jizzing yourself since you heard about it, good signing.

He is coming from the dutch league and this move is a massive step up, lets hope hes not the next Kezman, good luck to him.

Fulham preparing for Championship Football I see, should do well in the lower leagues Dembele.

Back