LukeDirnt

Reaction score
Hi, guys I bought FM13 and this will be my second FM game. I dont understand how the beta/demo works? If I buy it on steam do I get it? Or was it like a pre-order special for people who bought the game a month ago or something?
Another unrelated question. Is online mode any fun? I just never tried it on 13. Are there any Leagues or Forums specially dedicated to this?
Thanks and sorry for being such a noob with the game.

Hi Luke. If you bought it through Steam, you will be able to get the demo when it comes out.

In the almost 20 years I have been playing the game, I have never once played online. I'll sit down and play the game 10 hours or more on a weekend and not touch it during the week at times. Doesn't really lend itself to online play.

If you find you have any questions about the game, this is a great place to ask them. There are some terrific people on here. Feel free to message me if you need a hand with tactics.

I have kind of handled tactics pretty well as long as I play defensive, fast paced football. I never got Tiki-Taka to work. Thanks for the advice on the online play.
The fact that I can run it on Linux now is really good.
Thanks for your response.

I wonder whether the the beta is worth playing, as i think there might be some errors if continue onto the full game?

Generally you can continue your saves from beta to the full game, haven't experienced many problems with that myself honestly.

To OP, Online play is fun with 1 or 2 mates, but it's slow and you have to be prepared to either wait for other people to finish, or make other people wait. My brother is I swear one of the slowest FM players I've ever seen, so doing an online game with him was torture.

Hi, guys I bought FM13 and this will be my second FM game. I dont understand how the beta/demo works? If I buy it on steam do I get it? Or was it like a pre-order special for people who bought the game a month ago or something?
Another unrelated question. Is online mode any fun? I just never tried it on 13. Are there any Leagues or Forums specially dedicated to this?
Thanks and sorry for being such a noob with the game.

I would just buy it from the cheapest place you find, wouldn't worry about the beta not unless you are really desperate to play it. Just wait for the full game IMO, online is fun, fortunately my mrs. is a big football fan so i do it with her on diff computers, if you have a friend that plays. then great.

People play online here on the site, i found someone that was awesome to play with on here a few years ago, so yeah it's fun if your doing it with the right sort of people i guess.

Thanks xaviesta and sketchkov. You have been great help.