Deportivo - MC unsure of role also

Sterling101

Reaction score
Okay, I finished my first season an outstandingly lucky 3rd. I was very surprised and the Champions league revenue will be invaluable to my poor finances. However, I have around 1.5 million plus a potential 7-10million from my outgoing Madureira. I am looking for a CM to partner Borja Valero.

I can back that player up with the young Coeff. I am unsure of the role/type of player I am looking for though. I play 4-3-2-1 Barca sort of formation. 2 inside forwards of Buononotte and Emanuelson and Gameiro as my poacher (broke the bank to sign Gameiro tbh lol).

So it'll be Valero supplying my attacking players, with Arevalo Rios (uruguayan DM) as Anchor. So I was thinking maybe a box to box or generic CM-support player. However, Barca play 2 creative CMs in Xavi and Iniesta, and I was wondering If i could get away with that also?

so any suggestions on a partner for Valero would be great, preferably an EU national too!
Any help is appreciated. Currently eyeing up standard duo Defour and Witsel.8-|

Take a look at Badelj (Dinamo Zagreb), Rakitic (Sevilla) and Parejo (Getafe)
Only the last is EU national though

On a side note, how the **** did you get those players?! I once sold the entire squad just to see how much I'll get
Out of the 40 or so million I got, the board allocated a grand total of 3 million to my transfer budget

Because i had a previous bad attempt at depor, i found that you sell a **** player for a low fee, then ask board for more revenue percentage, then proceed to sell the players you don't want. I also signed many free players and used them as stop gaps for profit which bought better quality. thanks for the reply, so you suggest I go double creative in the CM duo?

do not get elements of grandeur... the second season is normally the hardest!

I have seen Deportivo get Thiago for free end of the 1st season in one of my saves, maybe look at him, maybe also look at loaning Canales?

Javi Garcia - Benfica
Fernando - Porto
Ognjen Vukojevic - Dynamo Kiev
McDonald Mariga - Inter
Casemiro - Sao Paulo
Adrien - Sporting

Yeah I do not expect such a good finish this season. I'm aiming for 6th, that'd be fine. Thiago wouldn't hold talks with me and signd a contract renewal with Barca a few months later. I will look into canales and thiago on loan deals. It seems you both think double creative in the CM duo would be best. So I'll look for more creative players. Thanks Raikan!

Back