derby county mid season blip

• Thread starter Thread starter quincy1995
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

quincy1995

Reaction score
ive just got to january, and currently not won in 4 games, prior to this i had been on a rather strong run, started the season poorly but have done well enough to be up in 4th, since the dint in my peformances ive dropped to 9th,
currently playing a 442 with 2 high wide men, with addison as a dm and hendrick as a cm(based on peformace wise not stats wise) playing with rhodes up top along side samaras who is on loan.
if anyone is willing to give me some help its much appreciated cheers

Besides the fact that it could be your players not being up for the job, getting complacent or just getting exhausted ( from lack Of rotation), tactically, It s most Of the time down to the following.

- once you have overachieved, the opponent starts to play without men behind the ball, sitting deeper and playing compact. They sometimes play à cautious possession football, moving upfield as à unit, à style of play à " 424" have à hard time against. At times, this Can be really hard to overcome, especially if those opponents have à equal or even better team than you. Imagine playing as Everton againt à United team that is playing cautious and tried to win 1-0 :)

Try watching( the whole game, and in 2d) some Of the games you have struggled in and look at the match stats. Do the same with some games where you have been om top Of things. What seems to be the difference regarding the flow Of the game. How does the opponent play now ?

When you can spot these things , what would you have done in those matches to turn things around? Depp deeper , use more Width, Drop the winger into mrl etc ?

thankyou! this seems really helpfull and i will defo be using it in future! thanks again!:)

Back