swfc4life22

Reaction score
Just got Derby back to the premier league, and about to start 2nd season.
I need help on which players to buy.
I have 34mil to spend :)
Cheers In Advance

Last edited:
34 mil?? did you get taken over??

tomas necid, martin galvan are two good strikers!!

kyle walker and ryan bertrand are two great defenders!

nick montgomory from sheffield united is a good defensive midfielder and you can probs get him for cheap!

leanel galeano is a solid centre back!!

xherdan shaqiri is a good player, he plays in multipe positions all over the pitch

lol :D that's a huge amount of money for a team like derby :D

where u need more new players?

anyhow a sure guy to buy if he wants u is steven defour, great player for cheap money, plays every side of the pitch and is good even for top teams as 1th quality replacement

I need a few strikers, AML and AMR, Couple of defenders and a Goalkeeper. Basically A new team haha
I could have had 47mil if I chose Winners instead of avoid relegation.

than sanogo and kadlec are what u need :D

are 2 of the hottest prospects in game, can buy them for few quid if u're lucky they didn't move to some big team!

sanogo becomes better than drogba on 1th year and kadlec becomes very similar to benzema\higuain\milito kind......

as big tough guy is also good necid or lukaku ,but they're expecive ! anyhow belive me sanogo and kadlec are simply amazing!!!!

gk there are hangelaar or Ochoa or Enyeama (500 k is ur) that can make u save lots of money , cost effective ,very nice player for what u need!

as of AML\R the usuals ....hazard is top class though is not his role

a veeeery good one is schelotto from atalanta (or cesena,he's on loan so depend the season u're in) he becomes absolutely top class player

a friend told me also john goossens but i've no idea how he plays... james rodriguez from porto is also good...

i'll come back to u if i remember some more :p

i would also recommend sanogo, he moved to barcelona for only £4.5 on my game, he is well worth it!

ryan bennett from peterborough is a quality cb... he did well for me in my 1st season back in prem with derby, david hoilett from blackburn is quality out wide - i got him for 7mil ;) sign up alberto bueno full time - goal machine! lung jr is a good gk.... ermmm seamus coleman cost me 3 mill, hes a good rb!

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

adam nemec is also a top target man! :)

I'm not sayin your cheating mate but I have a derby save just now and I got them promoted n I only got 17million n am on ma second season in the premiership n i got 21million n u r gettin 34million :O lucky u lol

hey up

so far, i have had derby for now my 5th season. i started with 150k budget and finished 9th. my best signings were: Fabien Brandy (free) and Leigh Griffiths (400k). Griffiths, in my opinion is the ultimate signing. amazing as a poacher. cuts in the premiership, very well, as he got young player of the year in the premiership, and becomes worth 6mill + in 2014.

i went up in my 2nd season, with a budget of 80kish.

got a budget of 9 million to avoid relegation. i thought i was doomed. i finished 16th, which i thought was pretty **** good. in my 2nd season in the prem, i finished 10th, with wins at Chelsea and Arsenal.

my best signings, off the top of my head: Shamus Coleman (2.2mill), Leigh Griffiths (400k), Jermaine Defoe (1.2 mill at 31 years old), Arshavin (free, but he's 33), Ashley Cole (free, 32), Tom Cairney (2.2 mill), Valter Birsa (3.8 mill, needs time to settle though). Nester Ortigoza (free).

Asmir Begovic in goal, Necid up front as well.

I have also signed Wayne Bridge, Tomasz Rosicsky and Shaurn Wright-Phillips but sold them.

I've got more cracking signings, but I'm at college at the moment. I'll post some more later.

Gutted you lot got more money, but I seem to be doing okay with out much money.

Last edited:
Cheers mate for response. I only got more money because we got taken over. Well done by the way james, hopefully I can do a good job with Derby aswell.

Cheers mate for response. I only got more money because we got taken over. Well done by the way james, hopefully I can do a good job with Derby aswell.

cheers. I highly recommend Leigh Griffiths, if you can get him cheap. I've had a bit more money(around 15 mill) to spend in the last couple of seasons but its ok. I've built the squad now, I'm just going to gradually work my way up now.

Have you got any current Derby players in your squad now? I've only got O'Brien, Addison and Barker.

Currently in the starting 11 im playing barker, sometimes addison, moxey and also ive signed frank fielding who was on loan the previous season. Then ive got roberts, o'brien, bywater and quite a few more in reserves and in the subs. I tried to sign Leigh Griffiths but celtic got him :/
Plus the person I really wanted was alberto bueno but he rejected :( He just couldnt stop scoring for me. I think he got like 40 goals in 48 games.

I got Coleman and Tomasz Rosicsky though :)

Currently in the starting 11 im playing barker, sometimes addison, moxey and also ive signed frank fielding who was on loan the previous season. Then ive got roberts, o'brien, bywater and quite a few more in reserves and in the subs. I tried to sign Leigh Griffiths but celtic got him :/
Plus the person I really wanted was alberto bueno but he rejected :( He just couldnt stop scoring for me. I think he got like 40 goals in 48 games.

I got Coleman and Tomasz Rosicsky though :)

How's Moxey doing in the Premiership?

Bueno also did awesome for in the Championship but never been able to afford him since....

Coleman should be a good signing, Rosicky? How old? I got him at 33 and he was average, so i sold him.

I've just finished my 2nd season with Derby (also Cameroon manager now) and I finsihed 13th in my first season in the Premier League. I relied quite alot on a few loan players in my second season with Jay Emanuel Thomas (Arsenal), Vladimir Weiss (Man City), Matia Destro (Inter Milan) all on a season long loan.

As for permanent signings in the summer transfer window, Przemyslaw Tyton for 1.6m from Roda JC to replace Stephen Bywater and Alberto Bueno for £2.5m. My original budget was around £5m for attempting to avoid relegation.

Then in the January transfer window I signed Jermaine Jenas from Spurs for £800k, Kyle Naughton from Spurs for £2.1m, Manuel Lanzini from River Plate for £3.5m, Martin Galvan from Cruz Azul for £4.5m. My budget was increased to £15 million (extra for adjusting the wages) for this transfer window.

These signing were all good performers and helped me to win the League Cup, the final of the FA Cup and Premier League survival. Looking forward to beating some European teams next season, but my board are increasing my ground and training facilities which may leave me with a rubbish budget for this season.

Good luck with yours.

I have a save with Derby.
First season came 4th, won the play offs and league cup.
i'm currently 16th in league with 22 games (2 games in hand) and im in the 1st round knockout of europa league.
i signed andy carroll as a striker, as well as mark van bommel on a free. I spent 33m in the first transfer window, if you need to see my transfers to see who i bought then just reply back to this :)

Back