Desperate!

• Thread starter Thread starter Runeaa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

Runeaa

Reaction score
Help! Help! Help! Been playing this game since championship manager in the 90`s but atm i feel like a complete noob!! I cant make a decent tactic if it fell on my head! Everything i try to do goes to ****! I can sit for hours trying to make a decent tactic but no matter what i do, it wont work!! I try to buy the right players for the right positions but they all turn out ****! I really dont get what im doing wrong! Im about to quit this game for good, thought id ask you guys for help first! Ive been working on a PSG save, i though they have a decent squad, good econimy to manouvre in the transfermarket etc so id give it a go. I tryed to make a attacking oriented 4-2-3-1 tactic, with a basic back 4 with fullbacks on support, a BWM (d) and a AP (a) and since PSG dont really have any players fitting these positions i bought Badelj for the AP position and Asamoah for the BWM position! Normally 2 great players in these positions but NOOO, not for me! Their both totally rubbish, doing 6.35 and 6.52 in avg rating!!!!!! no assist, no goals, nothing! I play Pastore ( i thought to be maybe the nr 1 AM in the game ) as a AM (s) and/or AM (a) depending on oposition and he is RUBBISH!!!!!!! 6.72 avg rating, 0 goals, 0 assist, seems to be marked out of every game, shooting loads of long shots ( even if i turn them down to rarely in instrustions ) and isnt really involved in the game at all!! I conceed and basiclly 50% of corners,freekicks and any "deadball" against me even if i have the best headers in the world! sakho and lagano, tall,strong players have no chance and me goalkeeper cant save anything!! My fullbacks collects about 15-20 yellow cards pr.season if on normal tacling ( easy tacling on team instructions ) , using Vrsaljko and Tiene whos suppose to be good. Using Gameiro and poacher and he cant score if the goal stood wideopen from 5 yards!!! Any striker is completely useless in this position in this formation it seems for me!! The team instructions i use is this : Fluid, Attacking, direct passes, more expressive, push harder, easy tackling, normal marking, and more roam. What i also do, since the staff in PSG is horroble from the start, i almost fire all and get in new and better staff! Is this maybe the problem!? I also do nothing in training, is this maybe the problem too?! In match prep i normally do teamwork on high in all pre-season, than i usually use both attacking movement and defensive movement for home and away game, or depending on oposition! I dont know guys, i feel im wasting hours over nothing in this game atm, cant figure anything out!! Can you guys please push me in the right direction to finding out what im doin wrong? show me some links, sites, whatever that i can read up on some stuff to get back on track? I basiclly need a FM 2012 A-B-C i think to get the basics right. What im really intrested in is to find/make a 4-2-3-1 tactic that really works for most teams as its my favorite tactic, all help is appretiated! Cheers all.

Just gone on to the Tactics & Training section and found these two 4-2-3-1 tactics on the first page.
Rizka's 4-2-3-1 SOLID (Plug and Play)
XeNoN's 4-2-3-1 CM+DM
Haven't really looked at either of them, but at least they fit your preferred shape. At the very least you can use them as a template to build your own tactic.

Cal

When I started typing this I was thinking "I bet Raikan beats me to it"... Glad to see you didn't disappoint :P

Last edited:
Thanks alot for quick responce mate, appretiated indeed! Ill deff. look into all of the links you posted! Thanks again!!

Thanks alot to you too bud, awesome you guys help me out so quickly! The links you came up with seems to adress my "problems" perfectly, will look into them all today! Thx alot guys, appretiated!

Desperate*

Just one more thing im currious about, very often, like PSG or Chelsea the staff thats currently in the club when you take over first season are very very bad, so i often tend to fire them and get new ones, like the juniortrainers from Man. United, Paul Mcguiness, Brian Mcclair etc, but im wondering if this maybe isnt a good idea? too many new staffmembers at the same time? please tell me what you think.. Also i normally fire the assistant managers aswell, Di Matteo is no good and i usually get Sidnei Lobo who gives good feedbacks etc. I also seem to remember to have read that 1 specific coaching area, as for exampel attack or tactic pr. trainer is the way to go? so hire 1 trainer pr specific area? this true? thx again gentlemen!

nothing to do with staff mate :) you can fire and hire new everyone and it wont make a difference!

I use Sidnei Lobo now, Tony Cotton is also pretty good! the best is Valdir De Moraes!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g/85738-coaches-guide-galaxy.html#post1353341

I have typed the things about Assistant managers so many times :) lol!

1) motivating
2) tactical knowledge
3) man management

and then your Determination and Discipline along with a few good training attributes and Adaptability are essential!

Back