DFL Confirm Germany Get Four Champions League Places In 2012-13

Yeah Dortmund have got excellent young players.

Bayern Munich Vs Dortmund tomorrow. Very important match. Dortmund are 13 points ahead of Bayern with 11 games to go.

Bundesliga tops the average attendance in Europe. Ticket prices are very cheap and thats how league should be run imo.

Exactly. I would rather pay 12Euro to watch Schalke Vrs Bremin than £26 to watch Hearts Vrs St. Mirren.

I personally dont like the Italian or the German leagues .. Bore me very easily :/

You what? I hope you are not comparing the two? German football is fantastic! I guess you haven't actually sat down and watched it? Fast paced, plenty of goals and crazy fans. What more do you want?

I don't see how it is possible for a football fan to not like German football... I find the Bundesliga more entertaining than the EPL, TBH. The Budesliga is hardly boring... It is probably the most unpredictable major league in Europe - with the highest average goals per game average mind you.

I agree with you about Italian fooball though. It seems content not to evolve even after all that is happening.

Dortmund have a possible problem though. Weidenfeller is out injured. I am not sure if he will be back in time for the game. One young Aussie may have to make his debut on arguably the greatest stage of German football. Good luck Mitch :)
What is funny is he actually had to make his debut in this very fixture in my Dortmund game because of the same reason ;) FYI we won 3-1 and Langerak got a rating of 8.2. If he does make his debut, I hope the real Mitch can match my virtual Mitch on debut.

This ^^...wait I can't say that.....I concur fine sir. Germany is the most open league in Europe (happy to be proven wrong) and considering the quality of the teams, it's fantastic.

Good to see them progressing again, Italian football has been on the decline since the fall of Juventus (prob before that) Stupid transfer fee's/wages and over reliance on TV money has come back and kicked them in the sack....remind anyone of another top league?

The only current difference between us and italy before their fall is the some teams have actually woken up to this fact

German football is fantastic and most certainly on the up, its nt perfect, but there are a lot of things we could learn from them

Fantastic result for Germany, and their teams can now get the chance to showcase their talents on the big stage once more (well another team anyway =p)

Totally agree, it's one of the best leagues in the world in terms of attacking, prices and entertainment. Also openness, as Wolfsburg have won the league then dropped dramatically (not helped by Dzeko leaving).

The reason (or part of it) for their cheap prices of tickets is due to the stadia not being all-seated as in England, Scotland, etc.
Allianz Arena, for example, has about 11,000 standing area.

The only current difference between us and italy before their fall is the some teams have actually woken up to this fact

German football is fantastic and most certainly on the up, its nt perfect, but there are a lot of things we could learn from them

Exactly. The new rules that FIFA are bringing in will also stop the decline. Another fault that Italy have is their unwillingness to change. Example

Sort of like England again with the national team and it's reluctance to change the current squad or formation.

Germany need to be praised at national and club level, the changes that have been made since the turn on the millenium are finally paying divedends.

Exactly. The new rules that FIFA are bringing in will also stop the decline. Another fault that Italy have is their unwillingness to change. Example

Sort of like England again with the national team and it's reluctance to change the current squad or formation.

Germany need to be praised at national and club level, the changes that have been made since the turn on the millenium are finally paying divedends.
I find it bizarre about the whole obession with narrow formations especially since some of the most dangerous players in football today are wide forwards attacking down or off the flanks (ronaldo, messi, villa, pedro, nani, bale, robben, ribery etc)

And dont get me started on the whole england thing, makes me tear my hair out

Good to see them progressing again, Italian football has been on the decline since the fall of Juventus (prob before that) Stupid transfer fee's/wages and over reliance on TV money has come back and kicked them in the sack....remind anyone of another top league?

Best thing that has happened to save the league is FFP. People who are so short sighted think UEFA/FIFA are against their club, but on the longer run it saves a lot of clubs from spending out of their means and finally ending up like Lazio.

FFP is here to say and i have to say that rule will save the league obsessed with spending.

Bundesliga is fantastic. You can just compare the ticket prices.

Ticket prices across England are going to rise from January and Arsenal are going to become the first club with tickets upto £100 , this will be 11 times of what it costs to say watch Dortmund play at their stadium.

A season ticket for Dortmund's stadium for a Child less then 14 is 70 euros! ****s sake what an awesome price to take your young kid to games!

No wonder German league tops the average attendance.

Well deserved, whenever I watch the German league it is good value. They will add something to the CL in my opinion. Not good for English teams though. If they draw it goes to penalties!