Di Matteo Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter jozzy98
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

jozzy98

Reaction score
I want to make a di matteo style tactic shall i play the 3 behind torres as amcr amcl amc or one central am and the others wingers? Also how should i have the defensive line deep or high and the tempo.

If you want to replicate RDM, you need to place nine central defenders on the pitch and don't you dare stray into the opposition's half.

I kid, of course.

Interesting thought: you can make two players swap, but you can't make three swap can you? (Oscar,Hazard,Mata)

I would like to try and build something similar but with two of the three AMs moved to the wing as inside forwards in order to accommodate the likes of Marin and Moses as squad players.

Do you reckon it would change the dynamic of that formation much?

And how does attacking full backs fair against the crossing glitch that seems to be affecting people? It seems that any cross that goes in results in a goal so presumably the priority should be getting the full backs to cut them out at source?

It wouldn't change it an awful lot, but it means your two AMs have wider starting positions by default and probably can't provide the presence outside the opponent's box that your looking for.

Can I suggest training the team to use both? (ie. two seperate tactics)
The change is only for two players, should be easy for them to get to grips with it

If you want to replicate RDM, you need to place nine central defenders on the pitch and don't you dare stray into the opposition's half.

I kid, of course.

Interesting thought: you can make two players swap, but you can't make three swap can you? (Oscar,Hazard,Mata)

The first part of this comment was brilliant. And true. Which is probably why they lost against Shakhtar. Not taking anything away from them of course.

I tried the Kraken formation by Raikan last night in a friendly and didn't really like how it played. I know it's hard to judge from one game, but against Vancouver I had no clear cut chances, only 50% possession and I was confined to mainly long range shots. All my play seemed directed through the middle, which was very congested. my full backs did push up a bit and get some crosses in but I didn't carry much of a goal threat from them. Playing with Neymar or Torres upfront, I don't think I'll get much joy that way anyway.

I think I'll go back to using hazard and Oscar as inside forwards cutting in from the wing with mata as advanced playmaker in the hole. It will give me not width and space, and allow them to cut inside and attack.

I'm torn though whether to play my my other two midfielders as CMs with ball winning/DLP roles or as DMs with anchor man/DLP.

Any thoughts?

I don't want to leave my defence too exposed by pushing my midfield too far forward, seeing as ill be playing essentially four players in very attacking roles. At the same time I don't want to leave to much of a gap between my attack and defence.

I tried the Kraken formation by Raikan last night in a friendly and didn't really like how it played. I know it's hard to judge from one game, but against Vancouver I had no clear cut chances, only 50% possession and I was confined to mainly long range shots. All my play seemed directed through the middle, which was very congested. my full backs did push up a bit and get some crosses in but I didn't carry much of a goal threat from them. Playing with Neymar or Torres upfront, I don't think I'll get much joy that way anyway.

I think I'll go back to using hazard and Oscar as inside forwards cutting in from the wing with mata as advanced playmaker in the hole. It will give me not width and space, and allow them to cut inside and attack.

I'm torn though whether to play my my other two midfielders as CMs with ball winning/DLP roles or as DMs with anchor man/DLP.

Any thoughts?

I don't want to leave my defence too exposed by pushing my midfield too far forward, seeing as ill be playing essentially four players in very attacking roles. At the same time I don't want to leave to much of a gap between my attack and defence.

hey bud, that tactic was not a "proper" release from me, it was made as a challenge on the site :) it works really well for all the teams I have used for it so far..

but, playing one game is not a good indication, you need to play at least 15-20 games to get your players playing properly, also, playing against the US teams away from home are always tricky, even for me for some reason.. they are always much harder than other teams.. no idea why..

Thanks, and I appreciate that it's premature to judge on way game. It wasn't so much the result of stats that put me off (though the shots against was almost as high as shots for which wasn't the case in my first friendly with my own hobbled together formation) but rather the lack of width and congestion in the centre.

Is that something you had seen in your games, or does the movement improve as the team gets used to the formation?

Thanks, and I appreciate that it's premature to judge on way game. It wasn't so much the result of stats that put me off (though the shots against was almost as high as shots for which wasn't the case in my first friendly with my own hobbled together formation) but rather the lack of width and congestion in the centre.

Is that something you had seen in your games, or does the movement improve as the team gets used to the formation?

it is meant to be played through the middle as it is based on United's formation/style that we played in against Newcastle a few weeks back.. we played with no wingers and actually played more of a diamond 442.. however, I decided to use this formation rather ;)

you can take the wider AM's and set them as wingers :) and play the passing down both flanks as well..

as I said, its not even over 50% completed to my standards before releasing a proper tactic :) it was just for fun and a lot of members asked me to upload it for fun as we were all messing around with Fm12 waiting for Fm13 ;)

I do not think that you should use it as a proper tactic in your save if you want to really play the save properly :)

Cool. Ill play around with my own formation and see how it works.

Just out of curiosity, what are you views on the positioning of the two non-AM midfielders? Deep like in your formation and sitting in the centre?

Would prefer to keep in the centre so as to not isolate the attack, but I normally play with an anchor man in between defence and midfield so I fear leaving my defence exposed.

Cool. Ill play around with my own formation and see how it works.

Just out of curiosity, what are you views on the positioning of the two non-AM midfielders? Deep like in your formation and sitting in the centre?

Would prefer to keep in the centre so as to not isolate the attack, but I normally play with an anchor man in between defence and midfield so I fear leaving my defence exposed.

play narrow diamond then with Anchorman two Cm's and one attacking mid with two strikers then :)

-----st---st----
------amc-----
----cm---cm---
-------dm-----
lb--cb---cb--rb

Back