• Thread starter Thread starter Tomarse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

Tomarse

Reaction score
‘Die Roten’ – A Hannover 96 story.
View attachment 240400

The Hannover 96 board are delighted to welcome English manager Tom Lacey to take over the German side. Lacey was seen as surprise appointment by the Hannover faithful, given that he has no previous managerial experience.

But, Lacey himself remains confident he can steer The Reds to glory;
“I am delighted to be here. This is a fantastic opportunity for me to show the world what I can do as a Football Manager.”

Lacey is inheriting a pretty talented side, who are participating in Europa League football this season, sparked by the forward line of former Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf and Norwegian striker Mohammed Abdellaoue.

First impressions are suggesting that Lacey will adopt a 4-2-4 formation, with two attacking midfielders situated on the wings.

Rumoured first XI:

GK: #1 Ron-Robert Zieler
RB: #6 Steven Cherundolo
CB: #3 Karim Haggui
CB: #4 Emanuel Pogatetz
LB: #19 Christian Schulz
CM: #33 Manuel Schmiedebach
CM: #8 Altin Lala
AMR: #28 Lars Stindl
AML: #34 Konstantin Rausch
ST: #32 Mame Biram Diouf
ST: #25 Mohammed Abdellaoue

'Die Roten' - A Hannover 96 story.

singhsigning.jpg

'Die' Roten' - A Hannover 96 story.

dfbpokallogo.jpg

DFB-Pokal - 1st Round:

View attachment 240417FC Ingolstadt 04 Vs Hannover 96 View attachment 240416

And here we are; the first competitive match in charge for new Hannover boss Tom Lacey, here in the DFB-Pokal. Today's opponents are FC Ingolstadt.

Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz, Schmiedebach, Hauger, Schlaudraff, Rausch, Abdellaoue (Diouf '45), Konan.

Full Time Score: 0-2

Scorers: Cherundolo (Pen), Konan.

A dominant match to begin your managerial career. Hannover controlled the game from start to finish and the damage was done in the first half. Haggui was shoved in the back by Ingolstadt striker Ahmed Akaichi and captain Steve Cherundolo tucked home the penalty.

Four minutes later, Dider Ya Konan nicked the ball from Pisot and was clear through on goal, slotting the ball past the goalkeeper. From there on, it was like a training match. Hannover not needing to get out of 2nd gear to comfortably secure victory.

Manager Tom Lacey was happy with the performance:

I'm pleased with how things went. We controlled the game as expected and got our goals early to calm any nerves in the team. We know that in these sorts of games, (playing away to lower league opposition) if you don't score, by the 60/70 minute mark there is an added pressure to your game, which can allow the other side to have a chance to knock you out of the competition.

But, all in all, I'm happy to have progressed into the 2nd round. I'm also eagerly anticipating the start of the 1. Bundesliga next week!

Next up for Lacey's men is the start of the 2011/2012 Bundesliga campaign, starting away to Freiburg. Can Lacey steer his team to a winning start?​

Hi everyone, this is my first career thread so if there are any improvements/tweaks I should make, please feel free to let me know :) I hope this career is a successful one, never managed Hannover before but I do enjoy the Bundesliga, having success with Gladbach previously.

But thankyou for reading so far and lets hope to a successful career!

'Die Roten' - A Hannover 96 Story.

August 2011.

I think i'll now post monthly updates, easier to manage and post.

7th August 2011

Competition | 1. Bundesliga
Fixture | SC Freiburg vs Hannover 96
Stadium | Dreisamstadion, Freiburg
Attendance | 24,000

Full Time Score | SC Freiburg 2 - 2 Hannover 96

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz, Schmiedebach, Hauger, Schlaudraff, Rausch, Abdelloaue (Diouf '60), Konan.

Hannover Goal-Scorers | Schulz (Pen), Konan.

Man of the Match: Didier Ya Konan

14th August 2011

Fixture | Hannover 96 vs Hertha BSC
Stadium | AWD-Arena, Hannover
Attendance | 46,851

Full Time Score | Hannover 96 4 - 0 Hertha BSC

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz, Schmiedebach, Hauger, Schlaudraff (Stindl '45) , Rausch, Abdelloaue, Diouf.

Hannover Goal-Scorers | Diouf (2), Kraft (OG), Haggui.

Man of the Match | Mame Biram Diouf

18th August 2011

Competition | Europa League 4th Qualifying Round - 1st Leg
Fixture | Hannover 96 vs ADO Den Haag
Attendance | 29, 888

Full Time Score | Hannover 96 1 - 0 ADO Den Haag

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz, Schmiedebach, Hauger, Stindl, Rausch, Abdelloaue, Diouf.

Hannover Goal Scorers | Diouf.

Man of the Match | Steven Cherundolo

21st August 2011

Fixture | TSG Hoffenheim vs Hannover 96
Stadium | Rhein-Neckar-Arena, Sinsheim
Attendance | 29,437

Full Time Score | TSG Hoffenheim 0 - 0 Hannover 96

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz (Pander '65), Lala, Singh, Stindl, Rausch, Abdelloaue (Schlaudraff '65), Diouf.

Man of the Match | Vladimir Gadzhev (Hoffenheim)

25th August 2011

Competition | Europa League 4th Qualifying Round - 2nd Leg
Fixture | ADO Den Haag vs Hannover 96
Stadium | Kyocera Stadion, Den Haag
Attendance | 11,528

Full Time Score | ADO Den Haag 2 - 5 Hannover 96

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz (Pander '65), Lala, Anderson, Stindl, Rausch, Abdelloaue (Schlaudraff '65), Diouf.

Hannover Goal Scorers | Diouf (3), Adbelloaue, Pogatetz

Man of the Match | Mame Biram Diouf

28th August 2011

Fixture | Hannover 96 vs Borussia Mönchengladbach
Attendance | 46, 427

Full Time Score | Hannover 96 7 - 0 Borussia M
önchengladbach

(Yes...SEVEN nil!!)

Hannover Team: Zieler, Cherundolo (c), Haggui, Pogatetz, Schulz, Schmiedebach, Singh, Stindl, Rausch, Konan, Diouf.

Hannover Goal Scorers | Konan (3), Diouf (3), Rausch.

I think this match needs some sort of review. We totally dominated from start to finish, Gladbach only having one shot in the whole game, opposed to my 28. It was 5-0 at half time and I couldn't believe it as I know Gladbach have a good little team, especially with star goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and Marco Reus! But I will CERTAINLY take that :P

August Summary

An unbeaten first month and through to the group stages of the Europa League. A fantastic start to the season. The only disappointment for me was not finding a winner away to Hoffenheim, but that's if I'm being critical in any way.

Player of the Month

Has to be Mame Biram Diouf. Scoring a whopping 9 goals in 6 games. Looks like he'll be my star striker this season. :P

hannovermamedioufceleb2.jpg

Diouf has been in cracking form this month.

Back