Bostoner

Reaction score
I am playing with Tottenham and I am playing Eric Dier as a ball winning midfielder in a 5-2-2-1 WB (See link below). However, his level of tactical familiarity is still super low because he's not adjusted to the role even though he's natural at it. Any suggestions as to how to train him in this new role that he's natural in? He's played there for 18 games and has been training for the position and role as well.
Any other tactical suggestions welcome!
https://imgur.com/B2Mp2Zm

How is he underperforming?

Average rating is really low. I know there are other metrics, but his rating rarely goes above 7 in a game.

That tell us nothing. Literally zero that the thread title didn't indicate. 6.80 isn't a low average rating and it might be perfectly acceptable if he's doing what you want him to be doing. But analyze. Is he misplacing passes? Missing interceptions? Making bad tackles? Watch and analyze. its kinda hard to solve problems that you don't understand.

It could be down to anything. Have you looked at his stats in games to see if anything stands out?

It's a poor metric to use, imo. If he's doing what you require, it's not an issue. Plus, 6.8 isn't really low at all. That's average.