Different Tactics for home and away?

• Thread starter Thread starter RVPerfect
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 13K

RVPerfect

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is finding it impossible to win away using the same tactic that is so successful at home?

Arsenal first season - I have played 4 home games (including chelsea) and won all 4 comfortably. However away from home I have played 5, lost 4 and drawn 1 (only big team was Liverpool).

Why is there such a difference between home and away games? I believe in playing the same way home, away, cup final, wherever. We play our game!

It seems like this FM, everyone has to be a mourinho and park the bus away from home. I don't even dominate possession away from home against teams like Leicester.

Any advice?

I have no solution/advice, but I completely agree. I just can't win away from home.

I'm not a plug and play kind of manager that doesn't like tweaking tactics for different teams but going to lesser sides away from home I shouldn't (as Arsenal) have to change anything dramatically but seems that I'm always under pressure and can't make chances.

What formation/tactics are you using? You need to have a number of tactics you can switch between for both home and away games as well as depending on who you are playing.

I go defensive when I play away against tougher teams (Counter mentality, try to minimize risks in team instructions also), at easy away venues I go Control mentality but still a lot of creative play going on (same as home). I always switch up my tactics but never completely...

What formation/tactics are you using? You need to have a number of tactics you can switch between for both home and away games as well as depending on who you are playing.

I use 4-3-2-1 Attacking at home with a high press. Away i use the same tactics but Control and a normal defensive line. However even against lesser sides I find myself being outplayed.

I go defensive when I play away against tougher teams (Counter mentality, try to minimize risks in team instructions also), at easy away venues I go Control mentality but still a lot of creative play going on (same as home). I always switch up my tactics but never completely...

I haven't been Bayern on FM but IRL they play the same way home/away, same high press, keep the ball etc.. very difficult to replicate that so far on this FM

I have much the same issues with Arsenal (4-2-3-1). Dominate possession and chances at the Emirates against all teams, get outplayed away from home. Normally over-run in midfield, so I want to find a way of switching to a more defensive strong midfield tactic while still utilising Ozil, Sanchez in their preferred roles. Tricky.

same. ive never had to you use diff tactics home and away but o well we shall figure it out

Back