difficulty beating lower league teams

JustinLim23

Reaction score
in my first season with man united but cant beat teams from the lower leagues.

had this problem back during pre-season friendlies, where i was incredibly outplayed by teams i don't even know from other nations.

when the league started, i had no problems beating chelsea or arsenal, but now in the league cup im being outplayed and outclassed. shots attempted are like 2-33 against hartlepool!

have tried multiple instructions and diff formations but still same fate.

anybody has the same issue and knows how to beat them?

It'll be impossible to say without seeing your complete tactic. You must be very, very attacking and open for you to be that bad. Either that or the old problem of having massively short passing range and no passes into space which makes playing football impossible.

i fielded a 4-2-3-1 wide as always, and have tried playing defensively, or even counter. i chose route one options and set up to to short passings and retain possesion. even with different set ups, i keep losing. its like the players dun care for playing against smaller teams, cause i lost ALL my pre-season friendlies. i really have no clue whats wrong though. i will get the print screen later after to show my instructions and formations. thanks for the reply!

i fielded a 4-2-3-1 wide as always, and have tried playing defensively, or even counter. i chose route one options and set up to to short passings and retain possesion. even with different set ups, i keep losing. its like the players dun care for playing against smaller teams, cause i lost ALL my pre-season friendlies. i really have no clue whats wrong though. i will get the print screen later after to show my instructions and formations. thanks for the reply!

Did you bother watching a couple of matches at least on comprehensive to "get a clue"?

i did. it seems like i keep losing the ball in midfield, or when the defense get the ball, they lose it. even if we're at the final third they do silly things and get countered. i guess its a tactical issue, i'll show later once i get home. but it just seems weird that i can get the better of most teams, but just lower league teams. :/

Back