NatTheYid99

Reaction score
Started playing FM 2 years ago after giving up on Fifa after realising i needed to play something that gives more depth and story, and i fell in love with the game. Been playing it fairly regularly this year and haven't had a problem, until now. After a save of mine where i was Torino manager, made it to 2021 and had won the league twice and reached the Champions League final got corrupted, i took a months break from the game. Now i've come back to it and started a few saves, tried a few teams until i found a save i though i would like. (i like to start a few saves and decide if i like them by the end of pre-season) I settled on a team which was Leeds. Pre-season was "Iffy" to say the least, beating Cliftonville 2-0 to losing 5-1 to D.C. United.

Getting to the point, i can't find a groove nor sometimes stop my team from losing 8 games in a row anymore and it's getting really frustrating. I've lost 8 games in a row now with Leeds and i'm 19th in the Championship after promising a top half finish, i've started up other saves and the same thing keep happening, i keep losing, it's like there was a hidden update for me exclusively that puts the chance of winning down to 0.1% chance. I can't win with any team, and i'm constantly deleting saves up until now, but i want to keep this Leeds one, but i need help. I tried using the xPer Advanced Warfare tactic pack: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/189283-xper-advanced-warfare-pack.html but that lead to me losing 6-0 to Nottingham Forest in the Capital One Cup and losing 5-0 to Wolves at home, i've ran out of things to try. Morales at an all-time low and whenever i get the team together and try to cheer them up, we lose our next game by 5+ goals.
If anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it, because it's ruining the game for me. Cheers.

try deadly circle tactic in the forums...

what's your team like now? players and all?

Tactics

First thing you must understand is that changing tactics wont help. Not only that, things will get from bad to worse the more you change things. It's because your team loses confidence, and they aren't used to the new style.

that said, english football resembles monkeys hitting the ball forward. In most cases, anyway. Therefore, you would do well to try to control or attack, with direct passing or even going route one. If you're going to be more agressive, you shoudn't need discipline, you should allow your players to be creative in an effort to try to score, so you should scale fluidity up with your mentality. that will prolly lead to some matches being won by enourmous difference, and some matches in which your players will defend for 90 minutes, even though you told them to attack. It's unfortunate, but normal.

No matter what change you want to do, you will not see immidiate results. Pushing higher up, or clearing ball to flanks or increasing or decreasing tempo might work well in one match, and then let you down in the other. If you made a change, you should stick with it for at least ten matches, no matter you win or lose those ten matches. Your tenth match might be a victory and every other match after that. It just took time for your players to adapt properly. If you see them win a match with lower tempo, it is not necessarily a good setting. They just might lose the next match.