• Thread starter Celticthroughandthrough88
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celticthroughandthrough88

After having done a season as Celtic I have noticed something very odd about the way my players play. My team instructions is set to 'more direct' passing style, quick tempo, counter attack etc. The players instructions are all 'mixed' passing style or 'direct' passing style. However, the whole year my team just passes the ball about like Barcelona, without the penetrating results. I am really confused as to what has happened because my team don't create enough chances and score enough goals, so my form is not great. My question is:

Have I missed a section in the tactics that I need to alter so that they stop being so slow and safe with the ball and instead look for penetrating through balls? (which almost never happen!!!)

After having done a season as Celtic I have noticed something very odd about the way my players play. My team instructions is set to 'more direct' passing style, quick tempo, counter attack etc. The players instructions are all 'mixed' passing style or 'direct' passing style. However, the whole year my team just passes the ball about like Barcelona, without the penetrating results. I am really confused as to what has happened because my team don't create enough chances and score enough goals, so my form is not great. My question is:

Have I missed a section in the tactics that I need to alter so that they stop being so slow and safe with the ball and instead look for penetrating through balls? (which almost never happen!!!)

The reason is rather simple:

1.) The closing down setting in the ME is yet up to standard ( the Opponent not getting dragged out of position, much better than in the Fm12.3 though as there they where dragged out even so easily)

2.) Too few t-balls is launched in this ME ( too few riskier direct passes)

2.) When playing with a top team, most opponents tedn to sit deep and defend. This means that these quick breaks wont be launched as too many of the opponents is behind the ball. ( your players will play the short option as the counter attack isnt on)

When combining these 3 scenarios, your approach goes from being an more adventures one, to one where you instead hold possession, epecially if your advanced players have already taken their runs from deep early in the attacks. There is just not enough players stretching the opponents d-line late in attacks

My best advice is to either wait until the game has been patched or simple use s different approach where you play more attacking and with more runs from deep from players deep down the field

Last edited:

1.) The closing down setting in the ME is yet up to standard ( the Opponent not getting dragged out of position)

2.) When playing with a top team, most opponents tedn to sit deep and defend. This means that these quick breaks wont be launched as too many of the opponents is behind the ball. ( your players will play the short option as the counter attack isnt on)

When combining these 3 scenarios, your approach goes from being an more adventures one, to one where you instead hold possession, epecially if your advanced players have already taken their runs from deep early in the attacks. There is just not enough players stretching the opponents d-line late in attacks

My best advice is to either wait until the game has been patched or simple use s different approach where you play more attacking and with more runs from deep from players deep down the field

Ok thanks very much, I will tweak my tactics slightly for next season, see how the results change. Thanks very much!

1.) The closing down setting in the ME is yet up to standard ( the Opponent not getting dragged out of position, much better than in the Fm12.3 though as there they where dragged out even so easily)

you sir just made me understand why I wasnt scoring heaps with United.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.