Direct Tactics just don't work with FM.

• Thread starter Thread starter dhurley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4K

dhurley

Reaction score
Since FM 12 i've been trying to create a successful DIRECT tactic. From Tony Pulis' Stoke and "Hoof it in the box" West Ham to a simple Counter attacking tactic that soaks up pressure then hits the ball up to the front 3 to counter. It just never works for me and i'm beginning to think the problem is that it just doesn't work in FM.

Anyone feel the same or have you had success with Long balls?

Never tried long balls. But "more direct" works a treat in FM15

Never tried long balls. But "more direct" works a treat in FM15

Care to share your tactic? Maybe some screenshots? i feel like my players give the ball away too often and i concede a lot while doing direct passing

What kind of players do you have at the club? Long, direct football requires a very specific kind of player.

Care to share your tactic? Maybe some screenshots? i feel like my players give the ball away too often and i concede a lot while doing direct passing

How do I take screenshots?

I've tried this a few times and never got success. However, I know I'm not the greatest tactician in FM, so I don't think my experience can be used as supportive of the thesis that there's an issue with FM and direct football.

The one thing I think is a point from my experience is the behavior I get from 99.95% of players I've used as target man: they consistently flick the ball to no man's land or the opposition goalkeeper.

How do I take screenshots?

Alt + F9 The screenshot will be saved to your user yaddayadda/screenshots folder as either png or bmp depending on what you chose somewhere in the preferences.

Alt + F9 The screenshot will be saved to your user yaddayadda/screenshots folder as either png or bmp depending on what you chose somewhere in the preferences.

And to post it after I just paste it?

I had great success with counter-attacking & direct play up until FM14 (i.e. when the new tactic engine came out).
In fact I won the league first season with Stoke I think it was with my Hoof & Hope, Pulis inspired Stoke tactic where Crouch finished top scorer.

However FM14 & FM15 I feel forced to play a brand of football I don't enjoy - slow tiki taka style - because anything else just has your players hoof the ball out of play in an "attempted pass".
It's a shame really. Counter-attacking (unless done via short passing through the middle with quality players) i've found is almost impossible now.

And to post it after I just paste it?

1. Press F12 (take screenshot)
2. Rightclick steam in your taskbar
3. Click "Screenshots"
4. Choose FM15 from the dropdown entitled: "Show"
5. You now have 2 choices: upload to Steam profile or manually upload

Steam profile
1. Select the image, press upload
2. Once uploaded, hit: "view online"
3. Rightclick the image and hit "copy image url"
4. Either post the link (will show your steam profile though) or paste link in browser
5. If the latter, click copy image url on the new image and paste here

Manually upload
1. Press "show on disk"
2. Got to IMGUR and upload it
3. Link it here

1. Press F12 (take screenshot)
2. Rightclick steam in your taskbar
3. Click "Screenshots"
4. Choose FM15 from the dropdown entitled: "Show"
5. You now have 2 choices: upload to Steam profile or manually upload

Steam profile
1. Select the image, press upload
2. Once uploaded, hit: "view online"
3. Rightclick the image and hit "copy image url"
4. Either post the link (will show your steam profile though) or paste link in browser
5. If the latter, click copy image url on the new image and paste here

Manually upload
1. Press "show on disk"
2. Got to IMGUR and upload it
3. Link it here

Thank you! Got a headache just by reading all that. Will give it a go tho your UNCLE MAD is very old and not too in tune with technology.

Back