Director of football??

• Thread starter Thread starter jkay33
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

jkay33

Reaction score
I'm burnley in my second season and could do with a director of football but whats makes a good one what attributes they need????

Depends what you plan on using them for really.

I like doing most things myself, but players that I have transfer listed and loan listed, I have got my director of football to find them clubs.

I think this is good because he finds decent clubs. Where the players will get first team football (loan list), and when I transfer list a player he finds the best fee for them.

I do everything else myself.

I appointed one towards the end of my first season - he's good for getting rid of players, usually and actively finding a club to sell them for. Seems better than my "offer to clubs" attempts generally. Loaning out players is more effective as well.

I've also let him bring in some players - especially some youth ones where it's difficult to guess how much will be needed to get them. He's done a good job with some of them as well.

I appointed one towards the end of my first season - he's good for getting rid of players, usually and actively finding a club to sell them for. Seems better than my "offer to clubs" attempts generally. Loaning out players is more effective as well.

I've also let him bring in some players - especially some youth ones where it's difficult to guess how much will be needed to get them. He's done a good job with some of them as well.

Do you get the option to decline a player he wants to sign,if they are poor? and what stats are good for a director of football, i got Frank Arnesen end of january transfer window 2014.

Yes - I always keep the option to finalise the deal myself, plus you can just cancel them at any time before the contract is complete.

Frank Arnesen seemed pretty good, although Paulo Futre was my top choice. Look for determination, judging potential and judging ability, plus adaptability if he's from another country and doesn't speak the language.

Yes - I always keep the option to finalise the deal myself, plus you can just cancel them at any time before the contract is complete.

Frank Arnesen seemed pretty good, although Paulo Futre was my top choice. Look for determination, judging potential and judging ability, plus adaptability if he's from another country and doesn't speak the language.

How do you select that option?

Back