Discuss: Is Alex Smithies Worth Training Up?

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddick87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddick87

Reaction score
I always see a lot of people recommending alex smithies, and have a freind who literally loves him, but i've never got a world class player from training him. At best i'd rate him 3/5, a backup keeper at similar level to cavalieri. I find much better keepers around, theres often great regen keepers in the second and third seasons who are english, i always get atleast one who turns out as good as buffon and cassilas, but my keepers are never old enough to worry about changing until then.

I say this as i was close to signing smithies, but cancelled it last minute when i found a regen rated 4 stars on potential by the same scout, giving smithies 2.5 stars.

Any screenshots of smithies turning out a world-class player? Any thoughts?

i have him at liverpool as 2nd choice behind joe hart and teams like ac milan and lyon keep bidding for him so i say get him in.

I had him on a Bristol City save in the Premiership and my board sold him for £15 million to Chelsea

Had him for Arsenal, kept the liks of Ochoa and Adler out of the first XI.

quality keeper, my number 1 at spurs! i paid £2m i think and ive just turned down a £2om bid from ac milan 2 seasons in!

He is a good young keeper who does well for any Team he plays for

Screenshots please. I understand where the OP is coming from, it's hard to just see words and take it as the truth, may we see screenies, thanks.

^^ Like cloud said, i've just re-scouted him with 4 different scouts, and they all only gave him 2 star ratings, saying he wont get anywhere near the level Reina is playing at. I'm always looking out for young english talent, but i'd like to see the evidence he's going to be worth it in the long run :)

If you want to sign him sign him early. He won't improve much playing at Huddersfield and benefits from a club with good GK coaches and regular football at a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back