DL/LWB & CB For Chelsea 1st Season

Reaction score
I'm looking for a left back and a centre back for Chelsea in the first season.

I want a left back who's capable of playing premiership level straight away but is under-23, preferably home grown but not essential. The thinking is he'd be cover for 1-2 seasons then the long-term replacement for Filipe in that position. Wanted Gaya for the left back role but Valencia want £25.5m for him which is a bit rich for my blood. Looking to spend a maximum of around £15m, though would prefer around 10.

I'm looking for a centre back who's immediately capable of competing with Terry, Ivanovic and Cahill. Has to be under-25 as I'm looking for him to replace Terry long term and partner Zouma and Balanta in the future. Cahill is making noises about joining Man City and I'm not willing to offer him the contract until 2019 he wants. Generally feel a bit short on cover in this area and a good quality home grown centre back for around £15m would be ideal.

Recommendations?

LB look at Jonathan Silva. I know he's just moved but I've read that he's been tempted away for about the 15m you're setting as a limit. Otherwise Andrew Robertson from Hull is a great alternative!

CB I think both John Stones and Nkoulou fit the description you're looking for.

Arsenal already snapped up Nkoulou sadly, I've brought in Tagliafico for now at left back, going to try and sign Jonathan Silva in January I think. Will see how much Everton want for Stones

LB i would look at De Sciglio or Gaya. Both are young and rather costly, but well worth it. CB you have many options such as Balanta, Vallejo, Dragovic etc.

In my first season at Chelsea i bought Schmelzer (8.5mln) and Hoewedes(15mln) . Both of them are doing well. Schmelzer is now 16.5mln worth and 7.35/7.13 while Hoewedes is 19.75 with 7.21/7.50. Nkoulu i also how since then and Stones since second season ..

Coentrao for LB. He runs about 10 million USD and can be great cover for a wonderkid or regen you find. I sold him in the winter of my second year for 45 million as Silva had developed enough.

I bought Baines the first season, och Shaw the second one.. Phil Jones och John Stones has also been bought..

Alba/Sandro/Rodriguez/Alaba
Balanta/Hummels/Stones/Jones

Back