Do players take their wage after tax into account?

• Thread starter Thread starter rooner2004
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

rooner2004

Reaction score
My first save on FM2013 is as Monaco and as it is technically not a part of France my players are taxed considerably less than the rest of the league. For example my top earner is on 58k per week before tax and takes home 51K, but Lucas Moura at PSG is on 89K before tax but also takes home 51. Will this work in my favour or is the before/after tax thing all for show?

yes i would imagine it would. there was something in the pre release blogs that tax havens would have advantages. I suppose one way to tell may be to start a new game add two managers one monaco one someone else bid for the same player and see, i'll have a look in a minute for you. i have a monaco save i'm not playing

I've just taken over Psg and monaco both bidded for mauro formica. he asked for the same wages at both negotiations. went to PSG might work with similar rep teams i'll have another look after uni

I've not had a situation where a player has chosen another team over me, although I'm not in the market for real top class players just yet, and i dont tend to negotiate wages down as the chairman just ploughs more money in when the bank is getting low.

Back