Do press conferences effect players morale?

• Thread starter Thread starter iedmunds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

iedmunds

Reaction score
As title suggests just a query whether press conferences effect the morale of players?

I know there is no visual aid as to morale increasing or decreasing but is there a direct link?

i don't think there is, unless you continue to declare interest in the press for a certain player...which can then make others feel insecure. i don't think press conferences by themselves directly affect player morale.

so by praising my players and saying we are going to win against a rival or praising a player for having a storming game etc has no effect on players?

well, if you do it in a press conference, then no. player morale can be improved just simply by having a private chat that goes well :D at the end of it, their morale will improve if they agree with you. even when they have a stormer, go to private chat, and praise them for their last performance or recent form. morale will improve.

It has a big impact on how the players perform in the game which in turn has a massive impact on Morale - If you tell the press you expect your players to win an upcoming game against a more favored side they are likely to go into the next game a bit nervous. Same thing can happen if you say you expect your team to win the title, it can put unneeded pressure onto your team.

I don't think press conferences directly affect morale (unless you are answering a question directly related to a player), but they do have a secondary affect on morale in that bad pressers can make you players play badly which leads to poor morale, and vice versa.

It DOES effect Morale directly as well. A player may get concerned and have a drop in morale if you praise/ trash talk another maneger, it's quite common.

I think it does have a direct impact. I gave a pre-match interview and answered every question positively, and went to choose my team and most of the players had a 'PR' symbol next to their names just like it would say 'INJ' if they were injured. It says that they have reacted well to previous manager comment which I assume is from the interview.

Back