Do the Consistency and Important Matches ratings interact with each other?

Sterling101

Reaction score
Okay, so I fully understand how both of these scales work independently. However, I was wondering if anyone knew intimately via knowledge of the game engine, whether consistency and important matches interact with each other on big matches?

For example:

- I have scouted Jose Luis Gaya, who is pretty awesome as a prospect.
- His scout report is basically glowing apart from a nervousness in big matches.
- His report says he is very consistent.

With that in mind, will the fact he is consistently good mean his big match performance won't be as bad as someone who is mildly consistent and poor in big matches?

Eg. (theoretical) Consistency means he's always within ~10 points of his actual CA in most matches. Important Matches means he is often ~15 points below his actual CA in big matches. Will the affect on his performance generally be maximum 25 points below his best on big matches, with a minimum of 15 points worse than his best on big matches?

Anyone with knowledge on this topic that isn't anecdotal would be great. Your information dictates whether Gaya gets a nice juicy contract from me or not (H)

I've played with a lot wonderkids in FM14, almost all of these kids have IM less than 10, and I still managed to win every important matches (Champions League, FA cup, derby matches, tourmalet...). Hidden attributes seem not affect the performance as much as visual attributes, and shouldn't be used for judge a trade.

I've played with a lot wonderkids in FM14, almost all of these kids have IM less than 10, and I still managed to win every important matches (Champions League, FA cup, derby matches, tourmalet...). Hidden attributes seem not affect the performance as much as visual attributes, and shouldn't be used for judge a trade.

Actually, they matter. Important Matches attribute refers to those high-profile, high-pressure matches - top rivals or derbies or finals. It doesn't mean that a player will be **** every single important match. It means that there are more chances of such a player under-performing in an important match.

Actually, they matter. Important Matches attribute refers to those high-profile, high-pressure matches - top rivals or derbies or finals. It doesn't mean that a player will be **** every single important match. It means that there are more chances of such a player under-performing in an important match.

Completely agreed.

Is it only possible to improve a players 'important matches' by playing in important matches?

I seems unfair to real life wonderkids to have low 'important matches' when they're not good enough yet to be picked for important matches.

IM attribute can not be improve, and I never saw it affect my game. That's why I never use it to judge a player. If their visual attributes a great (especially Determination) then I'll use them in every possible matches they could play.

Another fact I knew is Consistency do not affect Physical stat, so imagine Cristiano Ronaldo or Leo Messi with <10 consistency, would you use them all season?

Last edited: