Do the refs EVER get it wrong?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Montanaro

Reaction score
I've been playing since fm09, and it always seems like, when you argue in a press conference about the Ref being wrong in issuing a red card, replays ALWAYS show that the ref "made the right call".

The red card I contested (which i watched over and over) was my St who came in on a ball that the opposition lost control of. My guy slid in early from straight ahead and got all ball before hitting the other guy. The guy who got tackled was probably a good 2-3 meters from the god **** ball. No way it should have been red, absolutely no way.

then to boot another one of my guys got a red.

At the end of the game, they said the ref had an excellent game...pfft.

its true also when coming to offside decision. they just don't see it.:O

Yes refs and linesmen can make mistakes in the game.If you dispute it in the press and get away with it then they have made a mistake,it will say the FA have stayed silent on the desicion.

Last edited:
Yes sometimes if you read the post match ref review below the key players and man of the match it will tell you he made a mistake.

Yes refs and linesmen can make mistakes in the game.If you dispute it in the press and get away with it then they have made a mistake,it will say the FA have stayed silent on the desicion.

Never ever seen that. One time I disputed an offsides that wasn't called. The opposing player was beside my goalie....I was quite angry. I went to the press and complained. What do I get? A touchline ban!

Conspiracy.

btw, if you someone "win" an argument are you more likely to get calls going your way?

Yes, once-in-a-blue-moon the refs get a call wrong. But, getting up and dancing a jig over it never improved my game experience...hahaha.

LOL! Once got the FA Silent over a blatant decisison: Even the replay message said I was right!!!!!!

Back