Do you "game" the referee?

• Thread starter Thread starter Akuthia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

Akuthia

Reaction score
if so how? Their statistics mean little to me, as far as how they'll call a game? if so how? do you just base it off of rating, and if it's a low rating, play an easier game, believing that you'll see more yellows?

Don't personally pay attention to the ref's whatsoever lol

I pay little attention to it, but I think it may well be a very useful bit.

I should check if there's a way to see a personality type for the referees, to see if maybe complaining or not depending on the referee who allegedly got a call wrong.

But on to what is looking at the stats, they would be a way to know the likelihood he'll make mistakes. So you could be more or less agggressive with certain line ups or instructions.

For example: if the ref has a low rating you can see it as commiting many mistakes. Of course, you won't know what way he gets it wrong (an improvement for future would be detailing that). So you can think he'll call offside when onside and viceversa, so then you can think if you use the offside trap your team does very well, he may likely fail to disallow a goal on offside, so you don't use it and rather he disallow an onside goal; and then you'd use that player who gets into offside so often as is not unlikely he won't see it, or run into defense in the hope he'll be more likely to concede you a penalty for a tackle that may not be and so on.

I don't, but all referee have match peformances too, which obviously show if they make alot of mistakes or not. You can also see if he is lenient or not based on the number of cards per games (I work it out as if the number of cards divided by 4.5 = games then he is about average)

Back