Do you listen to scouts when signing?

• Thread starter Thread starter liams96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

liams96

Reaction score
i see some players who i believe to have very good stats and would benefit my team, i then get a scout report on them and the scout dont think he is as good as what i already have but stat wise he looks a lot better.
Should i trust my scouts or just trust my own judgement?

i see some players who i believe to have very good stats and would benefit my team, i then get a scout report on them and the scout dont think he is as good as what i already have but stat wise he looks a lot better.
Should i trust my scouts or just trust my own judgement?
I listen to my scouts all the time, but it also depends who you sign as scout. You have to sign scouts who are good at determining potential and current potential.

I listen to my scouts if they're scouting top leagues and the top leagues within those clubs.

Their opinion becomes decreasingly irrelevant as I scout talents in more developing leagues/clubs.

If my scout comes back with a 5 star report on some kid in the Brazilian league or second tier French club, you know this kid's a superstar.

If my scout has top attributes then I listen. However in the lower leagues the player ratings don't count for much, as I have seen players come back with 4-5* rating fluctuate to 2* or 1* upon signing. I will say that a top scout gives a top and reliable opinion.

my scout on my Norwich save has CA: 20 PA: 20 so i listen to him but when lower league their is good players who my scouts dont rate, am guessing am better off using my own judgement in lower leagues

Scouts won't be accurate most of the time, regardless of their attributes for seeing potential and ability. Therefore, if his stats are better, sign him up! :D

I tend to rely on my scouts for the majority of the work. If I have them searching lower leagues then as many have said above, I'll make a judgement call based on attributes, personality and whether I think I can tutor/train them to move their development in a certain direction.

Remember that your scout report (star rating) won't be based just on attributes...players who are two footed for example are rated higher. Or maybe some of their high attributes aren't very valuable for players in the particular role they are most suited to.

If you want a truly reliable scout try a guy called Genie Scout.

Back