Do you really need an assistant manager?

• Thread starter Thread starter dave09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3K

dave09

Reaction score
Just wondering because whenever i employ one everything goes wrong. I have had to reload an earlier save to get my season back on track. Do i just employ the wrong people or can you get by without one?

Managing Dorchester Town - FA Trophy winners 2011 ( cool!)

Ive always had one and have never really thought anything else about it really. Depends how lazy you are with team talks etc

Do you take any notice of his advice? Whenever i listen to him about tactics or players during a match the opposite happens. Got to admit, i hate the press conferences so he was useful for that.

Im pretty lazy when it comes to playing FM i get my assistant to do alot so i need an assistant

Thing is, I could get him to pick the team, give team talks etc but then how could i call myself the manager? (help, i'm getting too deep, here oO) ) Tell myself it is just a game

Im pretty lazy when it comes to playing FM i get my assistant to do alot so i need an assistant

agreed

but i also find it useful when they tell you what the weakest part of the team is and give you 3 options to help the situation

Why would you not want an Assistant. Shurely its you ruining the season not him.

Being the boss of a team whose star player is worth 1K, I find him most useful in the following areas:

> Giving opinion on team report (and options for strengthening the team)

> Filtering out unrealistic targets when searching for players/staff etc (although I find it rather amusing that he filters out potential new Assistant Managers!)

> Team talk feedback

ps. as a slight off-topic, whose ratings are given on the squad page, when you set it to show 'Assistant Ratings' (showing the ability stars) - and can this be changed so that you get a different coach's thoughts (i.e. one with better judging player ability ratings)?

Cheers

B

ps. as a slight off-topic, whose ratings are given on the squad page, when you set it to show 'Assistant Ratings' (showing the ability stars) - and can this be changed so that you get a different coach's thoughts (i.e. one with better judging player ability ratings)?

Cheers

Go to the individual player coach reports and choose the coach you want from the drop down menu on the top right of the screen. That way you can judge PA and CA more accurately by choosing the coach who has the best ratings for that. One thing to remember though is the impact of hidden attributes - PA/CA isn't the only factor which should be used for assessing players.

Cheers Zeb,

I knew about the method on the individual's report page - I just wondered if the coach could be configured, whose ratings show on the squad page. (if that makes sense!)

I love having an assistant, I don't bother with the contracts, he does it and after bad games, I send my assistant to the press conference.

I'd get my assistant to pick my squad but weak players end up in there :o

Cheers Zeb,

I knew about the method on the individual's report page - I just wondered if the coach could be configured, whose ratings show on the squad page. (if that makes sense!)

Not that I know of, I know you used to be able to choose AMs to do this (if you had more than one) but that option seems to have been disabled too IIRC from games with 09 when I've had a couple of assistants.

i couldnt play without an assistant cus i hate press conferences, planning friendlys and managing friendlys

Thanks again Zeb for your response.

Although I would say I 'needed' an assistant manager, I have reverted to doing the following myself:

> Press Conferences (unless match is unimportant etc): So that I can get the blame if the players do not react well to the responses etc. Heading into an important match, this could be an important factor.

> Contract Renewals: Managing a small club like I do, I need to keep on top of wage bills and therefore need to ensure I'm offering new contracts to the players I need and offering what I think they're worthy of. Otherwise, my U18's/reserves will be offered new contracts, albeit at only £25 per week, when they are of absolutely no use in the squad, and eating away at my tight wage budget.

> Team Talks: My assistant at a lower tier team is not likely to be 'all there' and may give incorrect team talks and as it's takes only a few seconds, I like to carry these out myself.

> Arrange Friendlies: Until only recently, I let the assistant arrange these. However, if I do them myself, I get to select to play big name teams away from home, and generate some extra money. If the assistant arranges them, I end up playing at home to obscure teams, which is about as useful as playing against my own U18 squad!

I do need one though, like I've said before, to help search for new players, and to get a 2nd opinion on the team line-up etc.

hire ally mccoist as assistant manager from rangers
and thats from someone who hates rangers

I decided to re hire the guy half way through my season (2011 - 12).
I send him in to deal with the press and get him to do some team talks. Also i get a second opinion on my team selection which has helped.

managing Dorchester Town - FA Trophy winners 2011
BSS WINNERS 2011 -2012
Just started 2012 2013 in the BSP

Back