Do you use tactics that suit your team players, get players to suit your tactic?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Do you use tactics that suit your team and their players, or do you get players to suit the tactic of your choice?

I personally enjoy using 451 and 4231 but certain teams i manage dont have the lone strikers that are needed.

For example AC Milan have very good players but most are too old and they have about 5 strikers. And their fullbacks are pretty slow so not much help from the wings either( on loan mancini, on loan beckham , pato and abate the only wide players),

So im now stuck with a dilema, use a tactic that employs defensive midfielders and at least 2 strikers, or rebuild my entire squad. I have the funds but im worried about unsettling players and the time it would take for my players to gel.

tactics to suit your team and squad.

rotate the strikers. play whoevers in form regardless of big names,

a * player inform is better than a **** out form.

match fitness is paramount. espec play preseason at least 4 games.

i played once without preseason to my doom!

just wish when i put intnls off theyd stay off! they keep slowing my league down, takes forever!

realy wish we could start different times like mid season or b4 / after transfer windows

i like playing all leagues and countries but too many leagues slows down to ******! so i end up playing premier lg only for speed!

Last edited:
First season, tactic for my team
Second Season Players for my tactic

Do you use tactics that suit your team and their players, or do you get players to suit the tactic of your choice?

I get players to suit my tactic. I train the positions to existing players if they are missing them. I replace 2-4 players at the start. 1-2 players at the midseason and again 2-4 players at the start of the next season.

I personally enjoy using 451 and 4231 but certain teams i manage dont have the lone strikers that are needed.

1 striker is easyer to get than you might think.

For example AC Milan have very good players but most are too old and they have about 5 strikers. And their fullbacks are pretty slow so not much help from the wings either( on loan mancini, on loan beckham , pato and abate the only wide players

With AC Milan I would play with 2 strikers. And the old guys there might be slow but they do play good DC.

So im now stuck with a dilema, use a tactic that employs defensive midfielders and at least 2 strikers, or rebuild my entire squad. I have the funds but im worried about unsettling players and the time it would take for my players to gel.[/QUOTE]

Try playing the defencive midfielders as normal midfielders. They usually have what it takes. And then mayby the AMC can play AML or AMR.