teammfmjamie

Reaction score
That instructions like "fewer risky passes", "shoot less often", "shoot more often" and these types of player instructions do more harm than good?

Ive taken all of these off my team, and with "play more disciplined" seem to be making the team play generally better all around. Wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing?

The instructions I add make my team perform better. I add these as I see I need them though and they compliment my tactic as a whole.

I would be less inclined to use any player instructions if I can.

If you watch a game and say see a player constantly having a pop at goal from a silly range, then maybe I would switch 'shoot less often' on him, but then come the next game I would still have this off, I would only leave it on if I saw it happening every single game and I didn't want that player to shoot that often.

I would be less inclined to use any player instructions if I can.

If you watch a game and say see a player constantly having a pop at goal from a silly range, then maybe I would switch 'shoot less often' on him, but then come the next game I would still have this off, I would only leave it on if I saw it happening every single game and I didn't want that player to shoot that often.

Also, there is an underrated function that a lot of people don't know about or forget to use which is the ability to set player instructions to per player instead of per position: In the first image below are the instructions for the CM position.

View attachment 236333

In the second image, you can see the instructions if I play the DM as a CM to add a simple: Shoot less often if I play him there.

View attachment 236337

When used to its potential (fixed substitutes or all players you foresee at that position filled in) it's quite a strong function which is often overlooked.

Just a tip :)