Does Anyone Else Get Hammered When Playing FM

Reaction score
i love a vodka and monster when playing fm its what im doing now making a night of it :D sometimes it can backfire cos u can make a stupid purchase (me buying sterling for a cut price when i have 2 quality rw's) in bale & a regen whos actually even better then bale now lol mehhhh

Not sure why nobody else has chimed in here, but I'm with you - FM is the definition of a "beer & pretzels" game for me and sometimes that beer slips into whiskey and bourbon.....and then I'm loaded. It's great, love making a night out of getting boozy and FMing it up.

I came into this wondering which meaning of "hammered" it could possibly be, what with the potential for it being about getting soundly beaten in matches, intoxicated as you say, or the third one... you know what I mean.

Weird-er, surely? It was already pretty weird before I came in, with talk of bourbon and a football management sim... you really made me want pretzels, too.

i love a vodka and monster when playing fm its what im doing now making a night of it :D sometimes it can backfire cos u can make a stupid purchase (me buying sterling for a cut price when i have 2 quality rw's) in bale & a regen whos actually even better then bale now lol mehhhh

During a JD & coke fuelled session in FM15 (I think), I decided to purchase a £2k player from one of my non-league affiliate clubs for £2m to "help them out with their finances"...

Weird-er, surely? It was already pretty weird before I came in, with talk of bourbon and a football management sim... you really made me want pretzels, too.
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all in for weird, but I'm just trying to keep it boozy. And pretzely. Man I need a bourbon now.....

During a JD & coke fuelled session in FM15 (I think), I decided to purchase a £2k player from one of my non-league affiliate clubs for £2m to "help them out with their finances"...
Hey that's a totes legit way to boost up league quality. I dragged the Polish Ekstraklasa into the top league of the world with 3 of the CL semi-finalists coming from there using just such tactics. I say the booze and drugs ENHANCES decision-making under these circumstances. :)

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all in for weird, but I'm just trying to keep it boozy. And pretzely. Man I need a bourbon now.....

My local shop used to sell Bourbon BBQ Pretzels, funnily enough. Some of those, a bottle of Apple Smirnoff, Cheery Coke and access to the In-Game Editor sounds like quite a good combo.

Sounds like a proper good way to spend an evening to me.

Also, general shoutout to this thread, if any of you live in New York City, it sounds like we should hang out and put together a multiplayer league. Just sayin.

Ah the memories...... or lack there of......

There is not much in life that cant be made better by adding alcohol and FM is no exception. Had some fantastic nights staring at the screen with one eye closed in a futile attempt to eliminate my double vision.

Of course, the next morning is less fun. Especially when you realise you've blown that easy cup tie because you didn't feel like the league leaders should need to play with any defenders against a side 2 leagues below them.....

Big call but I stand by it. Even if the fans were a little peeved by the 8-6 defeat. :p

I once came back from a night out and tried to sell every player in my team with a name that I couldn't pronounce. Lost some good players and it ruined squad morale

I once came back from a night out and tried to sell every player in my team with a name that I couldn't pronounce. Lost some good players and it ruined squad morale

If only you could explain your reasoning to the rest of the squad I'm sure they'd have understood. I mean you cant just call these guys mate for the rest of their careers! I think you were totally justified doing what you did and FM let you down by not offering you the chance to explain yourself properly. Of course, i am drunk atm so i could be wrong :p

If only you could explain your reasoning to the rest of the squad I'm sure they'd have understood. I mean you cant just call these guys mate for the rest of their careers! I think you were totally justified doing what you did and FM let you down by not offering you the chance to explain yourself properly. Of course, i am drunk atm so i could be wrong :p
In the defence of the game I was managing in russia so other than about 2 players whose names I could say I had to untransfer list players. Still I had signed a number of lower league English players with names like jones Owen and young easy to shout those in training.

Drunk people can never be wrong

In the defence of the game I was managing in russia so other than about 2 players whose names I could say I had to untransfer list players. Still I had signed a number of lower league English players with names like jones Owen and young easy to shout those in training.

Drunk people can never be wrong

Where's the "love" react button like on Facebook when you need it?

Just about to start a save whilst drunk!!!