Does continuity actually work?

• Thread starter Thread starter gji1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

gji1992

Reaction score
I've used the same tactics for seasons yet recently I'm seeing an even better upturn in performances, I'm just demolishing the league year on year with my Spurs team.

It's only been in the last few seasons it's happened and I want to know whether it's coincidental that it's coincided with me not having huge wholesale changes to my first XI.

Obviously in real life it's a huge factor but does having the same core of players in your starting XI for seasons in a row actually help?

As in are there hidden attributes or links that form to boost chances of a fluid performance or more consistent ones (due to familiarity)

As far as I'm aware this year making more than 3/4 changes to your first team can actually be detrimental, so yeah continuity from season to season and evolution rather than revolution is better for you.

You're probably buying better players and players better suited to your system.

You may find if you are using the same system constantly that your scouts are on the lookout for players who will adapt well to the system, likewise any youth players will be more likely to fit the tactic. After a couple of seasons with the same tactics you shuld have got rid of any who don't fit and replaced them with players that do fit similar to what would happen in real life if a manager is given a chance.

As far as I'm aware this year making more than 3/4 changes to your first team can actually be detrimental, so yeah continuity from season to season and evolution rather than revolution is better for you.
Theory or fact? Just curious. I personally think they did a great job improving the tactics system this year and it's noticeable due to the fact of simple plug and play tactics not taking control and ruining the game.

Back