Does Experience Matter?

Gooner_Jay_96

Reaction score
Ok so basically my question is the name of the thread, does experience matter?
for example, im with crystal palace, newly promoted to the prem, and i just would like to know if experience in the premiership would effect my team?
i know it does in real life, but im just wondering about the game
Thanks in advance
Jay (H)

Last edited:
Experience as in knowing all the tricks to exploit teams? (ala Man U)
or as in knowing how to play football?

I'm not too sure when your manager if your experience matters but when your unemployed it obviously helps you get a job the higher it is.

I might be misunderstanding this, or maybe the others are?

Do you mean does the experience of your players, e.g. their age matter?

Dont think so. My team is always filled with 20 year olds and I always do well. I think influence matters more that experience in FM

think he means players. e.g old and young players on your side

I thought he meant manager experience eg automatic, Sunday league footballer, international footballer. The thing you choose when creating your manager.

On the manager side of experience, correct me if im wrong, im sure the higher Rep you have the easier you can sign big name players to clubs other wise they wouldnt come?

On the players side on my games where i have youngsters in the squad ive noticed they make more mistakes but i suppose they learn from those mistakes and as they develope they tend not to make them.

yeah id say it does although im not sayin u need lots of experienced players just a few and have a mixture of experience and younger players also get the experienced ones to tutor your younger ones as this will help them in the long run

Wouldn't the majority of older players have better mental stats. So I guess it can play a part.

Oh experience always matters ;) Oh wait we aren't talking about in the bedroom?

if newly promoted, Experience is a must need with a mix of good youngsters, Oldies have their mental stats shoot up through training, which can be passed on to the youngsters(tutoring etc) and with better mental stats they are all thinking well during the game.

experience is key, i always have 1-3 oldies starting in my games, they are there for a reason, aka Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc, they perform well all the time, they have lost their other main attributes, skill, pace etc, but mentally they are perfectly trained and you need that!

try searching for the Golden Oldies shortlist i made a while back, you may find some good oldies on there to help you through! good luck

you need experience player in your squad so they can help to tutor the youngster...
For example, i'm playing sheff utd and now in 2012, but i still keep my oldies player, Gary Speed, Chris Morgan and Gary Naysmith, and i also buy Beckham and Guti...
I'm not usually use them in matches but sometime in big match, these players really help out for me....
More importantly, use them as a tutor for your youngster, it will help them to grow.....

I fined a balance helps, experienced players can tutor the younger ones and I find defenders peak at 30-33.

the only problem is, experienced and high-reputation oldie players will always require higher wages than the hot prospects ..

if newly promoted, Experience is a must need with a mix of good youngsters, Oldies have their mental stats shoot up through training, which can be passed on to the youngsters(tutoring etc) and with better mental stats they are all thinking well during the game.

experience is key, i always have 1-3 oldies starting in my games, they are there for a reason, aka Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc, they perform well all the time, they have lost their other main attributes, skill, pace etc, but mentally they are perfectly trained and you need that!

try searching for the Golden Oldies shortlist i made a while back, you may find some good oldies on there to help you through! good luck

Great Help Mate Thanks :D

Back