• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
W

WeArePalace

SALFORD CITY AND THE CLASS OF '92
attachment.php

Hello and welcome to my new Football Manager 2019. I saw Salford City gain promotion last week and was quite happy to see it as they look like a really good side who can compete in the higher divisions; obviously they've got a very good financial status at the moment and we are going to take over at the helm of the club. In case your interested and weren't aware already, the club beat AFC Fylde 3-0 in the final. The team has some elite level players for this division, such as Adam Rooney, who was solid in the top tier in Scotland and make a shock move at the beginning of he season, and also players like Nathan Pond, Matt Green and Rory Gaffney. I'm really looking forward to taking on this challenge and hopefully there'll be no sackings this time around!

THE CLUB
attachment.php

Salford City were founded in 1940. Nicknamed The Ammies, the club have great staff and youth systems in the club which we can use to our advantage. The club play their football at the Peninsula Stadium, which was opened by Sir Alex Ferguson. They are owned by the Class of '92 and are very rich for where they sit in the league rankings.

attachment.php
PRE-SEASON UPDATE: TRANSFERS AND MATCHES
As good as this squad is for National League level, we had a great budget to make it even better. Despite the strength of it, the CM and LB spots looked a little weak for what the rest of the squad is. Especially up top with Rory Gaffney, Adam Rooney and Matt Green good League Two players. We also needed better back-up on the wings. No one left, but we got our transfer business done quickly and efficiently.
attachment.php
attachment.php

First we catered for better back-up on the wings. We started off by loaning in youngster Aaron Drinan from Ipswich and Joe Leesley permanently arrives from Harrogate. Drinan is on loan at Irish club Waterford in real life, but that deal was struck after the latest FM update, so I pounced and the youngster fits our system perfectly. Leesley, on the other hand, offers a bit more experience at this level while still being relatively young at just 24. He's been a real danger man against me so it'll be fun to use him off the bench.
attachment.php

Our main area for improvement was LB. Ibou Touray wasn't good enough at just 2 star ability and wasn't exactly a young player, at 26 years old. I scoured for ages trying to find someone who was young and talented, but all that I found rejected. Finally, League Two LB Jake Carroll came in from Cambridge and he looks like he'll be a handy player for us. Also 26, one more LB wouldn't hurt.
attachment.php
attachment.php

We nabbed two new central midfielders, one from Tottenham and the other on a free, in the shape of George Marsh and Khalid Abdo. We've changed our formation to account for Abdo's preferred CAM role. He was a steal on a free and Marsh is a decent young prospect who will be a very solid back-up for our system.
attachment.php

Results wise, pre-season was quite decent, a little hiccup to begin against Bradford, who are a better side than us, but otherwise it was smooth sailing, scoring 14 goals and conceding just the 1.

SUMMARY
So, overall a positive start to life at Salford. This has been real fun so far, the most I've had in a while, especially after several sackings in my previous saves. Hopefully I don't disappoint you guys again, I've probably started the most stories ever, with none amassing more than 11 posts - I feel bad about that - apologies!
attachment.php

Our player of pre-season was Danny Lloyd, who shone down the left hand side as he showed his class to keep out Leesley for reasons other than his stellar ability.
attachment.php

Our tactic is as follows - a positive one. It's a risky formation but we are a good team and should be good enough to get the results we need. I would love another place or two on the bench to cover for some more positions, Aaron Drinan and Joe Leesley rotate for that back-up wing spot. At the moment it's Leesley, as Gaffney and Lloyd have likely been my best two players so far.
attachment.php

The season preview does back us pretty well, hopefully we can live up to expectations and reach the football league for the first time in Salford's history!

attachment.php
CAN THE AMMIES MAKE A SOLID START?
We have an interesting start, beginning with a match against fellow promotion candidates Leyton Orient, before another hard game against Gateshead. However, after that we can hopefully get some form together with games against Halifax, Chesterfield, Havant & W and Barrow. hoping for Adam Rooney to bag a hatful of goals but maybe he'll take a little bit of time to adapt: who knows?
attachment.php

We start off very well with a comfortable 2-0 victory over our promotion rivals, Leyton Orient. Adam Rooney and Rory Gaffney showed themselves as a great partnership as well as Danny Lloyd up front. A great start and we elected to put Aaron Drinan on the bench as Leesley recovers from a slight injury.
attachment.php

A decent enough result against Gateshead, a little disappointed to have thrown away a lead twice, however it was an even game and probably a deserved draw. This time around Danny Lloyd and Scott Wiseman proved the key performers. Lloyd has really impressed while the against Wiseman (32) is likely playing one of his final seasons before we look for a new RB.
attachment.php

We thump Sutton as Rory Gaffney and Danny Lloyd have stunning performances in a 5-2 thumping. Everyone was decent and Matt Green is looking like a very decent super-sub off the bench. Very pleased to pull of a great performance and can only hope that we continue in this vein; in all fairness Sutton didn't play too badly in the attack but their defence really let them down.
attachment.php

This was a really frustrating match in the end. After 15 minutes, the shot stats stood at 1-7 in favour of Halifax, we were 1-0 down and down to 10 men. I was really proud that this match us play a whole lot better despite the lack of a man, however we really could've won as the lads spurned some great chances, notably Adam Rooney has scored but is missing some big chances as well.
attachment.php

Well we were just about to go into half time and I was fuming with Rooney as he'd missed chance after chance to put us in front. However, right before the whistle, the Chesterfield keeper dawdled on the ball for ages, practically inviting Rooney in to steal the ball and score; which he did. Matt Green confirmed the win with another goal of the bench. Joe Leesley is soon to be in line for his first appearance.
attachment.php

Well Joe Leesley did finally play - and he scored the winner as he came off the bench! It wasn't a difficult goal, Rory Gaffney's superb cross found him and it was a great debut for Leesley. Linganzi came back from suspension as George Marsh picked up an injury as well, so Gus Mafuta stays on the bench and our midfield often grows tired. Really looking for something extra from Devonte Redmond at the moment.
attachment.php

I was hoping to finish with 3 wins from 3 with a routine win over Barrow, but the National League minnows surprised us and won in a hugely disappointing result for the club. In the end, fixture congestion caught up with us a bit and I really should've rotated a bit here rather than risk a tired first team.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

So, overall, nothing amazing but nothing terrible to begin. If we'd have beaten Barrow, things would look quite a bit better, but it's looking decent still and everyone will have slip ups. The main disappointment has been Devonte Redmond whose tremendous potential at 21 years of age hasn't shone yet. Amine Linganzi is proving a bit of a hot head and hasn't been amazing so far but his defensive work cannot be understated, you always need a player to put in the tackles and risk the cards coming out.
attachment.php

The League Table has us in second, just behind surprise team Gateshead who are doing quite well. There have been a few disappointments so far, with Boreham Wood and Hartlepool, both mid table sides, facing relegation. Especially Boreham Wood, who have just the one point after seven matches. It is quite tight, another loss could see us out of the play-offs if other results go against us.
attachment.php

Our player of the month was Rory Gaffney, with 7 appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists and 4 Man of the Match performances - great stuff from a new signing. Danny Lloyd has also been great, and while Adam Rooney has top scored with 4, he could have like 10 goals if he'd taken his chances, so to be honest I'm a little disappointed.

MONTHLY AWARDS REPRESENT SALFORD WELL
The monthly awards night has us in the rankings for most of the major awards.
attachment.php

Gateshead's manager rightfully won Manager of the Month and I was happy to finish up in second. I was surprised to not see Barrow's manager their, as they're overachieving in 4th from their predicted finish of 20th.
attachment.php

The player of the month awards have Danny Lloyd in their, but I was quite surprised that it wasn't Gaffney considering how well he's done. But my word has the POTM, Henry, done with 9 goals in 7 appearances at just 18 years of age. I'm scouting him to see how good he is, but we really don't need more strikers and I don't have the money for now.
attachment.php

The Goal of the Month however was an absolute peach from Danny Lloyd and Scott Wiseman's free-kick also made the rankings. It's fair to say we have scored some fine goals.

attachment.php

This month will really define where we can go during the course of the season. We have some easier matches against relegation threatened Hartlepool and Boreham Wood but face tests against Dagenham & Redbridge, AFC Fylde and Maidenhead. Hopefully we can start getting the best from Adam Rooney and Devonte Redmond because we need just a bit more consistency to their performances.
attachment.php

We begin with an alright result against Dag & Red. Adam Rooney did deliver a better performance with the goal here but no one was outstanding as we laboured to a draw in the end.
attachment.php

A great result here against Fylde! When we went behind I wasn't sure how we would react, but Devonte Redmond finally showed his potential to get us back in it and from there it was comfortable once we took the lead.
attachment.php

But we then followed it up with a terrible performance against mid table Bromley! It all started to go downhill when Scott Wiseman headed the ball back to Chris Neal. Neal gathered the ball and thumped his kick right into the head of Omar Bugiel, who didn't even know he'd scored. He would soon do the same again and by the time Rooney scored it was too little too late.
attachment.php

Is this our most frustrating result so far? 3-1 up with just over 10 minutes to go after we manage a classy turnaround from 1-0 down and Joe Leesley scores a stunning free-kick. They get one back but I still think we can hold out, however we concede a stoppage time equaliser and all of our hard work gets undone.
attachment.php

Boreham Wood are languishing at the bottom of the table in a horror run of form. We turn up, expected to produce an easy win, but decide to go 1-0 down, get reduced to 10 men and barely manage a draw. Disappointment really starting to creep in now, we need to pick ourselves up and not let this bad patch affect us. I'm switching tactics so hopefully that will help our cause.
attachment.php

So it's only natural that we go to relegation fighting Hartlepool and go behind, turn it around again before conceding in the final minute again! For goodness sake lads! We need to sort out our defence because we keep going behind and then conceding late - I don't know what it is.
attachment.php

Well, who would've thought. It's 1-1, in the 87th minute Rory Gaffney fires us ahead and I am so pleased. This will put us just a couple of points off 2nd placed Maidenhead and be a morale lifter as well. But no. We have to go and concede in the 90th minute AGAIN!!! I don't know what to say.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

Well that month was terrible. From all of the promise over crushing Fylde, we've got no wins in 5, one win in 9 and are almost out of the play-offs! The easy games was where we really struggled and the late goals are killing us! I'm going to try yet another change of tactics because this new one is clearly already going downhill.
attachment.php

So as you can see, a lot of draws for us. Including to Hartlepool and Boreham Wood - look where they are! We're really slipping off and I don't want to lose my job again in what has been a really fun save so far. Pick yourselves up lads!
attachment.php

In a month where I was really disappointed with everyone, Adam Rooney put away his chances while playing through a 2 month injury as well. It was a big risk and maybe I shouldn't have but Matt Green is really ******* me off right now, doing nothing off the bench and complaining to me that he should start. Hopefully we fare better next month.

Following with interest. I'm also Salford on my save. 8th season in, about 1/3 way through Salfords debut Premiership season

As much as I want to see you succeed I'm pleased to see you didn't beat Hartlepool lol

Following with interest. I'm also Salford on my save. 8th season in, about 1/3 way through Salfords debut Premiership season
Thanks mate, I hope your enjoying! Great achievement getting Salford up to the Premier League in just 8 seasons - I hope to do something similar.

As much as I want to see you succeed I'm pleased to see you didn't beat Hartlepool lol
Hartlepool haven't done nearly as well as you have with them that's for sure mate! Out of interest how are Salford doing in your save?
attachment.php

Back in August, this happened to them! At least they scored...

attachment.php

This is such a crucial month...for me personally as manager and for the team to keep up with the others and not drop off following a slump last month which saw us just about stay in the play-off area. I've held a team meeting (which failed), changed to a Tiki-Taka style and managed to resolve a few complaints regarding performance from players. Some early positive so hopefully they translate to performance.
attachment.php

This match may've been yet another draw, but I'm really happy with it. Dover are ahead of us and we didn't let them score from open play. Of course Connor Hulme scores two stunning free-kicks, but that's ok. The tiki-taka looked really good and this team really showed its passing ability - I'll take it.
attachment.php

This FA Cup match couldn't have come at a much better time. We're out of form with 1 win in 10, and I would usually rotate. But I wanted to know the lads that they can still win and I was confident that we would going into the game. Thankfully the lads didn't fail me and we ran out 3-0 winners!
attachment.php

Well it certainly seems to have spurred the team on as we finally get another league win here! We were up against my main Matt Green replacement target in Korrey Henry, as Green is injured and transfer listed. To be fair to the guy, he is too good to be playing back-up but he just doesn't fit in. So I've gone for what will be a proper back-up and won't complain about it. Hopefully he'll join.
attachment.php

Back on form!!! Two substitutes - Lloyd and Drinan got the goals here as we ran out 2-0 winners! I feel really bad for Danny Lloyd as he should start but Leesley has made a few complaints so I'll give him the chance but as soon as he's happy again Lloyd goes straight back in.
attachment.php

It was just this month that I realised Dennis Politic existed in my squad lol. Anyway he does and I gave him a few chances. He repaid me here with a late winner to put us into our best patch of form yet. What a way to turn it all around! To top it off, Devonte Redmond has come good now - he's regularly playing well.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

Thank goodness for October! Thank goodness for an easy FA Cup tie when it came! The tactic change to tiki-taka has us playing some great football. After experimenting with Gegenpress and Control Possession we seem to finally have found our feet with this tactic - well done lads!
attachment.php

All of a sudden we're back in 2nd! But just look at how tight it is. It's only getting worse for Hartlepool as well while Boreham Wood are slowly recovering - their result against us seems to have lit a fuse in them, the same cannot be said for Hartlepool. Gateshead with two big losses back to back - one of thanks to this footballing miracle from Aldershot!
attachment.php

What a turnaround and that didn't even need late drama from 4-0 down!
attachment.php

Player of the month was Danny Lloyd. I love this guy on the left, feel bad for not starting him. But he's proved himself as a great substitute as well. Don't worry though mate, you'll be back in soon!
attachment.php

It lead to me being in contention for manager of the month after being in the worst 3 last month for sure. It shows how well we've done to turn it all around! Well done lads!

I've a Salford save on the go currently in my 3rd season and safely a mid-table Div 2 side. I never managed to get Rooney to be consistent no matter what formation so ended up selling him and replacing him with Broomfield from Norwich City. Who is doing much better. Lloyd has been awesome he is just as good on the right as on the left despite what the scouts say.

I've a Salford save on the go currently in my 3rd season and safely a mid-table Div 2 side. I never managed to get Rooney to be consistent no matter what formation so ended up selling him and replacing him with Broomfield from Norwich City. Who is doing much better. Lloyd has been awesome he is just as good on the right as on the left despite what the scouts say.
Doing pretty well there mate! But yeah Rooney was really good last month and then didn’t score a single goal here so I don’t know what to do with him yet, because he does sit 3rd on the Golden Boot rankings. Lloyd is even good through the middle, pretty much anywhere across the line just behind the striker.

attachment.php

Should Gateshead's poor form continue, this could be the month where we realise our ambition of top spot. It's a much more relaxed month with just 4 games to play, 3 of which are in the league. Hopefully we can pick the points we need and reach the top. January isn't too far away and hopefully we can offload Green and bring in Henry to improve our side when we get the chance.
attachment.php

We begin with a nervous win over Eastleigh. All of the action occurred during 7 minutes, with them taking the league just before half time before we clawed it back quickly. The restart was perfect as we took the lead. Lloyd then got himself sent off and no one stood out amazingly in the match despite the win.
attachment.php

Unfortunately our FA Cup run comes to an end with a loss to Carlisle. It's nothing tragic as we weren't expected to get anywhere and I wasn't after a massive shock run. My main focus lies with the league and living up to the high expectations on our shoulder in this division. Hopefully we can do that.
attachment.php

Back to the ways of old here as we concede with the last kick of the game in a poor draw to lowly Solihull Moors. We shot into the lead via Adam Rooney and were cruising at half time with a 2-0 lead. However, we threw it all away as Jermaine Hylton nabbed a double, with a 94th minute goal meaning we'll stay in the play-off area.
attachment.php

We again miss the chance to go top as we can only nab a draw against Harrogate. Joe Leesley faced his former side and aside from a red card for Carl Piergianni nothing of interest really happened. Quite frustrating to fail to get top after our great patch of form has taken a little dip here but nothing tragic.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

So a mediocre month here as we fail to take the chance to make it to the top of the table. A bit disappointing but nothing serious.
attachment.php

We do have a game in hand on the others so one more chance to climb up the table. Gateshead are dropping off after their overachievement is starting to catch up with them.
attachment.php

Scott Wiseman was consistent in a month where no one stood out massively so good job for the aging RB.

attachment.php

December is another key month for us with the chance still remaining to climb up into first position. With January just around the corner, hopefully we can get into some good form to attract new arrivals when the window comes. I've got some massive transfer plans and we've got a good wedge of cash (close to 1m!) so it'll be interesting to see how we deal with it.
attachment.php

As slightly disappointing start here as we get a point to Havant & W. We did dominate but in the end couldn't produce the goals to get us the win. Adam Rooney is starting to get his act together a bit more with some consistency so hopefully that continues.
attachment.php

One of my best wins to date as we thump Aldershot 3-0! For all of our numerous wins, we haven't had too many easy rides so it was good to finally beat a team very comfortably. It had been coming though. Although to be fair, two goals were rather late from super-sub Aaron Drinan. Both teams were reduced to 10 men as well, with one of my LB targets Lewis Kinsella being shown the red.
attachment.php

Again we throw away a 2-0 lead at half time, this time around to Chesterfield after doing the same last month against Solihull Moors. Quite disappointing that it's happened again but at least our unbeaten streak continued here.
attachment.php

A routine FA Trophy win here where we didn't rotate so that we got a win - and the lads did. A very easy match, on another day I may have been disappointed with some of the missed chances had we not have won with 22 shots to 1. But thankfully we did and the result was never in any doubt.
attachment.php

This is surely my best result during my tenure at Salford!!! 3-0 to fellow promotion chasers Dagenham & Redbridge - GET IN! Rory Gaffney and Adam Rooney are both too good for this league and they did the damage again. Carl Piergianni also played a wonderful assist for Rooney with a perfect long ball to find the striker.
attachment.php

Bit disappointed to follow that up with this if I'm honest. I will take the point though as Wrexham kept on coming and pushing us until they finally broke through for a late leveller - fair play to them. No one was great for either side in what wasn't the most entertaining game ever.
attachment.php

Similar stuff here as Barrow frustrate us again after being one of 2 teams who have defeated us so far. Not much else to say expect that we're on a nice little unbeaten run and despite some disappointment at times this season, we have barely suffered defeat.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

A solid month here with some convincing wins but also some disappointing draws. Another mixed bag but I'll take it because this league is so topsy turvy so far. Any team could be 1st by 19 points and then lose 6 in a row for example. So many surprises this season it's been great.
attachment.php

Nothing bad once again with regards to the league table. Promotion is the goal and I really think that we can win the play-offs should we have to, but I don't want to sound too confident, we have to make it there first!
attachment.php

This may be an odd choice for Player of the Month, but Devonte Redmond is really giving me signs of the great player he could become. At just 21 consistency is beginning to form and he could be a great talent.

Keep it goind mate, well done! I'm coming up to the end of the 2026/27 season with Salford having been with them since 2020 when they were in League 2.

Last season, I won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Super Cup and I've won everything so far this season while still sitting 1st in the Premier League, in the quarter finals of the Champions League, semi-finals of the FA Cup having won everything else. If I win it all again, I'm going to see which jobs come available in the lower leagues to build up again.

Keep it goind mate, well done! I'm coming up to the end of the 2026/27 season with Salford having been with them since 2020 when they were in League 2.

Last season, I won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Super Cup and I've won everything so far this season while still sitting 1st in the Premier League, in the quarter finals of the Champions League, semi-finals of the FA Cup having won everything else. If I win it all again, I'm going to see which jobs come available in the lower leagues to build up again.

Doing very well there mate, good luck in finding a new job! I'll hope to achieve similar success and after the January I just had, this club could certainly make it in a higher division.

attachment.php

January presents us with a chance to set us up for a top of the table finish. We have so much cash for this level and I'm going to spend all 850,000 for sure. But that is just a crazy amount of money for a club in National League. On the pitch, we'll see new signings and hopefully positive performances continue for us to be able to reach the summit.
attachment.php

Our first signing was RB Leon Davies, as Scott Wiseman's age is starting to catch up with him. Just like Jake Carroll, he comes in from Cambridge and he'll be a starter for us now on the right full back side.
attachment.php

Next in was a long term target of mine in young striker Korrey Henry. He fits the back-up role nicely and possesses a natural goalscoring ability at his young age.
attachment.php

John Mellish arrives as cover for both the left back and centre back positions. I much appreciate his versatility across the back line and he'll be a very useful option for us in that regard.
attachment.php

What a coup here as CB George Edmundson takes over from Carl Piergianni at the starting role in that area. A wonderful signing who should be my starting CB for the next few seasons.
attachment.php

WHAT A SIGNING!!!! We've nabbed Anthony Hartigan from the noses of Championship clubs and even Huddersfield were after him. This is arguably one of my best ever signings in terms of ability and potential as this guy can become a standout Championship player. Absolutely stoked he chose us and what a brilliant deal.
attachment.php
attachment.php

We also signed James Weir on loan as Joe Leesley wants to leave the club but he'll remain the back-up as after just two days with the club he picked up a two month injury so he's unlikely to play much for us.
attachment.php

In terms of departures, we've had a number of them which I'll just list instead of show as they were fringe players but did collect a very decent overall fee. The main one is above, though, as Matt Green finally ended his frustrating spell here as he leaves for Grimsby. Our other departures were Emmanuel Dieseruvwe, Lois Maynard, Kieran Glynn, Jack Redshaw, Mark Shelton, James Jones, Gus Mafuta, Ibou Touray and Danny Whitehead.
attachment.php

Onto results now and we were on track for a similarly disappointing result against Wrexham, until super sub Aaron Drinan won it for us in the last minute. Happy to get off to a winning start and it was about time we were able to score a late winner rather than all of those late goals we've conceded before.
attachment.php

We nab a crucial win here against Leyton Orient via a first half winner from Adam Rooney. Davies and Mellish made their debuts here and Davies was really solid and looks like a great pick-up for that right back spot. Leyton Orient have disappointed a bit this term but are still well in the mix for a play-off spot.
attachment.php

A massive win here as we down Gateshead thanks to new striker Korrey Henry!!! Gateshead are right up with us and despite dropping off massively are still very close to the top. Danny Lloyd was untouchable here today but in the end new signing Korrey Henry composedly scored the winning goal from the penalty spot.
attachment.php

A bit of a nervy win here in the FA Trophy against North Ferriby. I want to win this to please the board so I went in with a full strength side and I was lucky I did because we just about won, although their 2nd goal came too late for them to get back in the match, however we still conceded two goals so a bit of a negative in that aspect.
attachment.php

Another 3-2 win here as we do well to turn it around before we brought a nervy last 5 minutes amongst ourselves. Korrey Henry had a goal disallowed which would've been great if it counted as he's showing real ability for us so far, but thankfully we managed to pull through and get the three points.

SUMMARY

attachment.php

A simply faultless month here! We had a stunning transfer window, and won all of our games as well! You don't get much better.
attachment.php

So now the table is in our hands as we continue to improve. We're on an around 20 match unbeaten run and hopefully that doesn't stop anytime soon.
attachment.php

Our best player was Danny Lloyd, some great performances from all of our players and this guy has been one our best throughout the course of this entire season.

attachment.php

Our new signings have delivered perfectly so far, with January giving us a 100% win record to take us to the summit of the league table. Hopefully they can continue in a similar vein of form and we'll discover some new stars. The season is most certainly not dwindling out as were not comfortable yet, however we're becoming very consistent and have gone on a crazy run of unbeaten games. I've also discovered my main target for next season which will be Newcastle United LM Victor Fernandez, who is by far the best player in the league right now on loan at Gateshead. It may mean that Lloyd moves to CAM as Abdo hasn't been performing recently.
attachment.php

It looked like disappointment and defeat, but then the lads turned on the late show and we got the win!!! The actual winning goal though, came from an unlikely source as CDM George Marsh chose a very good time to get his first club goal! Danny Lloyd put in another great performance and in the end we continue our winning run - well done lads!
attachment.php

Another closely fought game ends in a win here. We didn't fall behind despite conceding after 6 minutes, with Lloyd putting us ahead just a minute prior. As much as I'd love to win every game by a number of goals, it's good to see us scraping these results which we weren't doing earlier in the season and only collecting a point rather than all three.
attachment.php

However this was one of those games I'd expect to win big. I tell you what though, he may not score a ton of goals, but Aaron Drinan has been a bit of a secret weapon off the bench and does some really nice things for us - I'll definitley look to make his move permanent as he's perfect for the bench. Here he got us back on track when we really needed it and thankfully we nabbed the victory.
attachment.php

Apologies to the fans for this one as they would've witnessed an absolute snore fest here against Dover. While there were some shots, not much happened, with 1 or 2 chances which weren't amazing being the main spectacle out there. Aside from new RB Leon Davies, no one really did anything on either team.
attachment.php

Back to winning ways as we take down Eastleigh with relative ease. With the game at 2-0 after 33 minutes, both teams more or less settled for the result. A good team performance and I was really impressed with the 1st half as we were relentless and got the goals to back it up, so a solid win there.
attachment.php

A slight disappointment here against Ebbsfleet as we only manage a draw despite dominating. They may have gone down to 10 men but it was far too late to have any real impact on the match. The main two scorers for both sides here got the goals, with both incidentally in the top area for goals scored.

SUMMARY
attachment.php

So, overall, I'd say it was another solid month where we continued to perform well and kept up the pace in the league. Bromley had a slow start but are now our main contenders for the title and sole automatic promotion spot. They've been doing quite well given pre-season expectations and Gateshead are still in the mix despite a drop off from a very good position earlier.
attachment.php

League table still is so tight in this division and we need to be at our best because Bromley and Gateshead are right up there with us with a game in hand.
attachment.php

This was also a really tight and difficult decision and most people would probably say Danny Lloyd again for Player of the Month, but considering Leon Davies just arrived, he has adapted superbly so far. He's been consistent and puts in a shift for us with some really good performances, well done!

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of inactivity recently, that'll continue for a few more days apologies I'm quite busy and unfortunatley don't have much time for FM at the moment. Will try to get a update soon!

Hello everyone, this past week I've been trying to get my Football Manager to work, but it hasn't. So unfortunately I've had to start over and I'll have a new story coming soon. Sincere apologies and I myself am very sad to see this end so early. Thanks.