ArnauEzquerro

Reaction score
Morning chaps,

I have ALWAYS put my assistant manager in charge of training sessions for as long as I can remember...

I was wondering whether it's actually better off to spent the time doing it myself? What would be the advantages of doing it myself?

Cheers!

I would say to do your own training because then you can pinpoint what weakness the players have that need training ie if a player has bad stats in strength or stamina then you know that is what needs training, if you are playing a tactic with let's say a complete forward and a false nine up front and a box to box with a deep lying playmaker in the middle and the players are not 100% in knowledge of that position then you know he needs training for that. Play around with the training and see what players need training in then have them do it for 4 to 8 weeks then move on to whatever training needs doing next, mix up your training every 4 to 8 weeks to keep your players happy with your train rota. If put alittle effort into it I think you will get better results then if you used assistant manager. Hope this helped bud.

Letting the assman do anything by himself is not very clever. But the training you absolutely MUST do yourself. You should match train according to opponent, intensity train according to schedule (though average/low through season is the advisable thing) and the individual training is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to properly develop your players.

I make some comments on this here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-discussion/351743-manumads-box-choccies.html

Also this is quite good:

Training | SI Sports Centre

I prefer to have control over the training because I find that often your assistant manager does some really dumb things :)